BioM: Ansick, Judith (1957)
Surnames: Ansick, DiPasquale, Nave, Bourke, DeWolff, Noel, Claiborne, Wolf
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 02/14/1957
Ansick, Judith (2 FEB 1957)
A morning ceremony at Our Lady of Peace Church in Chicago, Ill., on Feb. 2nd, 1957, united in marriage Miss Judith Ansick of Chicago, and Mr. Raymond Anthony Di Pasquale of Rochester, N.Y.
Rev. William Henkel officiated at the Nuptial High Mass before an altar lighted by Liturgical candles and decorated with altar vases of white gladiolas and stock.
The bride approached the altar on the arm of her step-father, Mr. Gordon A. Wolf, who presented her in marriage. She was exquisitely gowned in traditional white silk satin fashioned with a fitted bodice and low waistline decorated by an arched band of embroidered seed pearls and crystals. The long sleeves tapered to pints over the hands and the lavishly full bell skirt floated out in back to form a train. A matching elbow length veil was held by soft folds of illusion which formed a headband, and was accented with clusters of seed pearls at either side. She wore a cross of white gold, a gift of the groom. The bride carried an arm bouquet of Calla Lilies as was carried by her mother at her wedding. White carnations formed her bouquet for the Nuptial blessing. Murray Bradshaw sang, "Ave Maria,""Panis Angelicus," and "Ave Maria Stella," during the ceremony.
Attending the bride as maid of honor was Miss Barbara Nave of Alton, Ill. She wore a ballerina length gown of white taffeta, styled with a scoop neckline, with a center split in front giving a cornered effect to the neckline. She wore a matching hat of white satin leaves, accented with seed pearls and crystals. A white Missal with cascades of red garnet roses and ivy formed her bouquet. Dressed in identical fashion, and carrying similar bouquets, were the bridesmaids, Miss Therese DiPasquale, the groom’s sister, of Rochester, N.Y., and Miss Therese Bourke of Chicago, Ill.
Serving the groom as best man was his brother, Mr. Philip DiPasquale, of Rochester, N.Y. The groomsmen were Mr. Joseph Ansick, the bride’s twin brother, of Chicago, Ill., and Mr. Edward DeWolff of Urbana, Ill. Ushers were Mr. Howard Noel and Mr. Duane Claiborne, both of Urbana, Ill.
For her daughter’s wedding, Mrs. Wolf wore a street length gown of champagne pure silk taffeta, fashioned with Venetian lace applique over rust colored material. She wore matching accessories and a corsage of rust colored cymbidium orchids.
Following the ceremony a reception with a seated breakfast and dancing for all of the guests was held at the Country Club Hotel. A ring of red garnet roses and ivy decorated the base of the wedding cake. Sprays of white flowers were used on the guests’ tables.
A party was given in honor of the perspective bride and groom by the bride’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Gordon Wolf, on Thursday evening, Jan. 31st.
The rehearsal dinner was given by the groom’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Joseph DiPasquale of Rochester, N.Y., on the evening before the ceremony, at the Martinique Restaurant.
The bride graduated from Horace Mann School and South Shore High School in Chicago. She is also a graduate of Southern Seminary & Jr. College, Buena Vista, Va., and received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Art Education from the University of Illinois. The groom is a graduate of St. Thomas Aquinas Institute, Rochester, N.Y. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from Purdue University, and a Bachelor of Architecture degree from the University of Illinois. Upon their return from their honeymoon, the couple will reside in Urbana, Ill., where the groom will begin his graduate work toward a Master of Science degree in the field of engineering.
The out of town guests were from, Rochester, N.Y., Pueblo, Colo.; Waukegan, Ill., Alexandria, Va., Champaign-Urbana, Ill., Coloma, Mich., Milwaukee, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs