BioM: Albright, Lois (1948)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Albright, Raab
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis. 21Oct 1948)
Albright, Lois (10 OCT 1948)
Miss Lois Albright, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Harry Albright of route one, Berlin, was united in marriage to Leland Raab, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jesse Raab of Loyal at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 10, at the Evangelical united Brethren church at Borth. The Rev. Herman A. Block performed the double ring ceremony. The church was decorated with bouquets of white and yellow mums and gladioli. White and yellow mums tied with large satin ribbon marked each pew.
The bride was attired in a heavy white slipper satin gown with a needle point peplum, lace on the shoulders, long sleeves buttoning to points at the wrists, small satin covered buttons down the back of the dress and a long train. Her illusion fingertip veil fell from a tiara of seed pearls and rhinestones. For her jewelry she wore pearls and carried an arm bouquet of white roses and orchids.
Miss Arlene Albright of Oshkosh was her cousin’s maid of honor, and the bridesmaids were Miss Hildegarde Krause of Berlin and Miss Georgiane Koenigs of Bear Creek.
The attendants all wore Nile green taffeta gowns, styled with a low sweetheart neckline with half collared cap sleeves, fitted bodice that came to a point, full skirt and matching open crown picture hats with large taffeta bows with streamers down the back. For their jewelry they wore pearls. The maid of honor carried a bouquet of yellow mums, with matching satin bow, and the bridesmaids carried bouquets of white mums tied with satin bows.
The groom was attended by his cousin, Ronald Davel, of Loyal as best man, and the groomsmen were Robert Frank of Omro, cousin of the bride, and Arnold Hoffman of Berlin.
The bride’s mother wore a dark green dress with black accessories, and the mother of the groom wore a blue dress with black accessories. Each wore a corsage of white mums tied with a satin bow.
A wedding reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents with 250 attending.
The couple left on a wedding trip to southern Wisconsin and Michigan and, upon their return, will reside at 135 South Pearl street, Berlin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs