BioA: Gengler, Joseph & Elizabeth (1954)
Surnames: Gengler, Benzschawel, Jensen
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 02/18/1954
Gengler, Joseph & Elizabeth (9 FEB 1954)
On Tuesday, Feb. 9th, 1954, Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Gengler observed their 50th wedding anniversary by a renewal of their marriage vows which was followed by a 9 o’clock mass of Thanksgiving by Rev. Arnold M. Muckerheide.
The altar was beautifully decorated with bouquets of yellow gladiolas and ferns.
Mrs. Gengler chose a purple dress and hat for this special occasion and wore a corsage of yellow roses.
A breakfast was served at their home to the immediate family.
Open house was held in the afternoon from 2 to 5 o’clock at St. Bernard’s Hall, at which time many friends and relatives called to offer their congratulations and good wishes.
At 6:30 in the evening a dinner was served to about 85 relatives and friends which was followed by a social evening.
Elizabeth Jackue and Joseph Gengler were married at Holy Cross Church, Ozaukee Co., Wis., on Feb. 9, 1904 and resided at Fredonia, Wis. for three years, moving to Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.) country in 1907 where they were engaged in farming until 1942 when they retired to Thorp.
Mr. and Mrs. Gengler have five children, James of Calvary, Wis.; Harry of Middletown, Conn.; Ray of Apopka, Fla., Margaret (Mrs. Frank Benzschawel) and Bernadine (Mrs. Don Jensen) of Thorp. They were all present for the celebration except Harry. They have 22 grandchildren.
Relatives from out of town present were: Mr. and Mrs. James Gengler of Calvary, Mr. and Mrs. Ray Gengler and family of Apopka, Fla.; Mr. and Mrs. A.J. Gengler, Abbotsford; Mr. and Mrs. Nick Gengler, Joyce and Donald, Mr. and Mrs. Harold Gengler, Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Gengler, Mr. and Mrs. Math Gengler, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Neder and Mrs. Teresa Zeaman of Medford; Mr. and Mrs. Mike Mandlock of Milwaukee, Jacob Brown, Mrs. Franklin Yaeger of Stanley and Joan Benzschawel of Ladysmith.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs