History: H & S Electric Shop (History of Abbotsford)
Surnames: Wing, Heindl, Speck, Goessl
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune
(Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 10/14/1954
History of Abbotsford - H & S
Electric Shop By F. B. Wing
Urban Heindl and Howard Speck, two young
men who were born and raised in this community, are the owners and
operators of the H & S Electric Shop. Both worked for the Hutt
Electric Company, prior to going into business for themselves six
Their shop is well equipped with modern
machinery, including a lathe, brushes, motor starting switches,
condensers, ball bearings, sleeve bearings, acetelyn and electric
welders, drill press, core winding machine and shaper and a
furnace. All this equipment is housed in what was once known as the
cheese storage warehouse, a building about 30 x 60 feet situated on
Main Street just north of the Marathon-Clark Cooperative Dairy
Besides doing repair work and rewinding
all makes of electric motors, they carry in stock a large line of
new and used motors and are in a position to handle jobs both large
When the work on the motors is finished,
they are dipped in varnish and baked.
Ted Goessl, their repair man, is 28 years old and the son of Irving Goessl, who lives on his farm west of Dorchester. Ted has chosen this line of work as he is very much interested *** Note: The rest of the article was cut off and was not available at the time of transcription.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs