BioM: Capes, Bonnie (1953)
Surnames: Capes, Kurth, Koepke, Ward, Penrich, Frye, Basch, Jenrich
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 09/24/1953
Capes, Bonnie (5 SEP 1953)
The Glad Tidings Gospel Center Church, Milwaukee, was the scene Sept. 5th, 1953 of the marriage of Miss Bonnie Capes, daughter of George Capes and Arlyn Kurth, son of Paul Kurth, all of Milwaukee. The Rev. bobb officiated.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride approached the altar in a lace, sequin trimmed entrained dress with a portrait shoulder line. Her fingertip veil fell from a pearl encrusted sweetheart bonnet. She carried an arm bouquet of white roses. Her jewelry consisted of a rhinestone necklace and earrings, gift of the groom.
The attendants were Mrs. James Koepke, sister of the bride, matron of honor, and James Koepke, best man. The bridesmaids were Georgia Capes, sister of the bride, Phyllis Ward, niece of the bride, and Mrs. James Penrich, sister of the groom. The groomsmen were Howard Frye, Donald Vasch, cousin of the groom, and James Jenrich. The flower girl was Jean Kurth and ring bearer was Junior Kurth, niece and nephew of the groom.
The bridesmaids’ gowns were identical with strapless fitted bodices and full net skirts and boluas with wing sleeves. They wore off the face bonnets and carried bouquets to match their dresses. The dresses were green, yellow, blue and aqua, respectively. The flower girl wore a white dress similar to the others and a white veil. The men were all in formal attire.
A dinner for the wedding party and their immediate families was given at the En Joy Restaurant in Milwaukee. A dance and reception was held at the Elm Port Hall south of Milwaukee.
After their honeymoon in northern Wisconsin, the young couple will reside in Milwaukee. Both are employed at the Jewett & Sherman Co., Milwaukee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs