BioM: Capes, Doris (1953)
Surnames: Capes, Koepke, Boxrucker, Kuth, Turner, Holl
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 06/25/1953
Capes, Doris (13 JUN 1953)
The Scott memorial Church, Merrill, was the scene of the wedding of Doris Capes, Milwaukee, daughter of George Capes, and James Koepke, Milwaukee, son of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Koepke of Merrill. The ceremony was performed at 2:30 o’clock Saturday, June 13, 1953.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride wore a dress of lace and satin. It had a fitted lace bodice with long sleeves and mandarin collar. The skirt was satin with lace inserts and long train. Her fingertip veil fell from a bonnet edged with seed pearls. She carried a bouquet of red roses and lilies of the valley.
Her attendants wore similar dresses of net over lace with hoop skirts. They all wore pearl necklaces, gifts from the bride. Their off the face bonnets were net and matched their dresses. Each carried a bouquet of roses and lilies of the valley.
Miss Bonnie Capes, sister of the bride, was maid of honor, attired in yellow. Miss Elaine Koepke, , sister of the groom, was senior bridesmaid, attired in Nile green. Miss Georgeia Capes, sister of the bride, and Miss Marcella Koepke, sister of the groom, were junior bridemaids, attired in blue.
Miss Margaret Boxrucker, Owen, was flower girl. Master Glen Turner, Greenwood, was ring bearer.
Mr. Arly Kuth, Milwaukee, was best man, and Mr. James Holl, Merrill, was groomsman.
Mr. Robert Koepke, Merrill and Mr. A. J. Boxrucker, Owen, were ushers.
A dinner and reception were held at the home of the groom’s parents. In the evening a dance was held at the Lakeview Ballroom, Merrill.
The bride attended school in Owen (Clark Co., Wis.) and is employed at Mater Lock in Milwaukee. The groom attended school in Merrill and is currently employed as bus driver in Milwaukee.
After a week’s honeymoon in northern Wisconsin the couple will return to Milwaukee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs