Bio: Teatz, Robert
Surnames: Teatz, Bealer, Martson, Voight
----Source: Marshfield News Herald
(Marshfield, Wood County, Wis.) 20 Aug. 1930
Robert Teatz, who lived in the vicinity
of Granton since 1887, was born in Jefferson County, in 1868, son
of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Teatz, who came to America from Germany. He
attended the rural school in the community of his birth, and when
he was 17 years of age went to Waukesha County, where he worked for
two years near Summit. In 1887 he came to Clark County and
purchased a 40-acre tract of land, in the town of Lynn, now owned
by William Bealer. A year later he added another 40 acres to his
farm. He lived in the village of Granton from 1892 to 1893, after
which he returned to his farm, which he sold in 1910. In 1911 he
purchased the W. W. Warner place in Section 10, town of York, where
he has since resided. He is interested in dairying, and has a herd
of 13 cows, mostly Holsteins.
He was married in 1892 to Miss Margie
Martson at the home of Mr. and Mrs. George Brooks by the Reverend
E. H. McKenzie, Methodist Episcopal pastor at Neillsville, who made
the trip to Granton on horseback. They had five children, three of
whom are deceased. The others are, Mabel, now Mrs. H. Voight of the
town of York, and Royal, at home.
He has always been interested in public affairs and served six years as town supervisor, and the past four years as town chairman, besides holding school offices for 30 years. He has been treasurer of the York Center Cheese Factory the past 12 years, and is an active member of the York Methodist Episcopal Church and of the Community Club. Politically, he is a Republican. His hobby is reading.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs