Bio: Williams, Henry E.
Surnames: Williams, Nelson, Morse
----Source: Marshfield News Herald
(Marshfield, Wood County, Wis.) 29 July 1930
Henry E. Williams, Granton, was born
February 3, 1870, in the community known as Maple Works, the son of
George and Mary (Morse) Williams. He completed an elementary
education in the Granton grade school and also attended a Milwaukee
school for a time. Then he was employed for one year in what is now
the state of Washington, but which at that time was still a
territory. In 1889 he returned to Granton, having worked one year
for a grower of hops. He assisted on the home farm and in lumbering
camps until 1893, when he took over the management of the home
place. In 1910 he took up a 160-acre homestead near Billings,
Montana, and later obtained another 800 acres, all of which he sold
in 1916, after which he returned to Granton to engage in raising
purebred Holstein cattle. He remained on the farm until 1918, when
he moved to Granton, which has since been his home. In 1920 he
offered his large herd of (typey) Holsteins for sale at auction,
and his high cow sold for $1,485. In 1929 he held another sale, but
still retains ownership of a fine herd.
He was married January 10, 1894, to Miss Myrtle Nelson of Des Moines, Iowa, whose father, Hans Nelson, now resided north of Greenwood. They have three children: George, Boring, Oregon; Miss Mabel, who has been teaching at Seattle, Washington; and Vance, principal of the high school at Kirkland, Illinois.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs