Bio: Eggebrecht, William Frederick Helmuth
Surnames: Eggebrecht, Michler, Knox, Corwin
----Source: Marshfield News Herald
(Marshfield, Wood County, Wis.) 8 Mar. 1929
William Frederick Helmuth Eggebrecht, 905
Arlington Avenue, was born at Gulz, Prussia, Germany, January 18,
1857, and came to this country with his parents when he was five
years of age. They settled in Detroit, Michigan. After living in
and near Detroit for 23 years, Mr. Eggebrecht operated a farm near
Colby and then came to Marshfield. He has been a resident of this
city for 38 years. His education was received in a rural school and
a business college in Detroit, from which he was graduated in 1881.
He previously spent seven months working in a silver mine in
Colorado. While living near Colby, he also taught school in Clark
and Marathon Counties a few seasons.
After locating in this city, he kept
books for the Hafer-Kalsched firm for 15 years and the local agency
of the John Gund Brewing Company of Milwaukee one and one-half
years. Retiring from bookkeeping he served the Roddis Lumber and
Veneer Company 12 years, principally as a scaler. During the past
three seasons, he has been with the Marshfield Canning Company as
pea grader. The office of the Hafer-Kalsched Company used to be in
the structure now occupied by the Wein Shoe Repair Shop at the same
location on Depot Street. The company’s sawmill, located on
the Richfield Road, near the south side septic tank, was dismantled
and razed a few years ago.
He was married to Miss Anna Michler of
the town of Frankfort, Marathon County, December 31, 1885. They
have three children: Mrs. Alexander Knox, Fond du Lac; William M.
Eggebrecht, Marshfield; and Mrs. R. S. Corwin, Liberia, West
Politically, he served one term as alderman of the old Fifth Ward. His political faith is Republican. His hobbies are reading and gardening.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs