Bio: Nelson, Albert (Family)
Surnames: Wing, Nelson, Schultz, Heimes, Bremer
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune
(Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 05/28/1953
History of Abbotsford By F. B.
The Albert Nelson Family
Originally, the Albert Nelson farm
consisted of three 40’s running north and south and located
across the road from the west village limits of Abbotsford. It was
railroad grant land purchased by Nels Nelson during the year 1877.
He traded this land to his brother, Henry, for a wagon and a team
Nels Nelson will be remembered as the
stone mason who rode to and from his work on a bicycle and who laid
the cornerstone at the armory.
Henry Nelson spent a year in Minnesota
where he met and married Anna Hanson, of Faribault. Twins were born
to them. One died soon after birth and was buried at Faribault.
They came back to their land and started clearing off the solid,
heavy timber and built a house of logs. A few months later, the
other twin died and was buried in the Colby cemetery.
Henry made railroad ties and cut wood
into four foot lengths and piled it along the railroad track, for
use in firing the wood burning engines. Later the north forty,
known as the Chris Bremer farm, was sold. The Henry Nelsons had six
other children, besides the twins.
Isabelle married Bill Schultz and they ran the Adams hotel for some time. Oliver married Anna Heimes, *** Note: The rest of the article was cut off and was not available at the time of transcription.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs