BioM: Karpinski, Eleanor J. #2 (1952)
Surnames: Karpinski, Hull, Koltis, Wilczek, Frinack
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 12/04/1952
Karpinski, Eleanor J. #2 (23 NOV 1952)
St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church, Thorp, was the scene of a lovely wedding ceremony Sunday, Nov. 23rd, 1952, when Eleanor Josephine Karpinski, daughter of Mary Karpinski, was given in marriage by her grandfather, Stephen Wilczek, to David Lee Hull, Owen (Clark Co., Wis.). The bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Wallace D. Hull, Owen.
For the celebrated occasion the bride chose a floor length gown made of imported Chantilly type lace, ripple pleated with a nylon tulle and underscored with sbtle glean of burmil satin. Her fingertip veil of nylon net and silver leaf fell from a tiara of pearls. She carried a bridal bouquet of calla lilies and white roses.
She was attended by Dorothy Karpinski, cousin of the bride, and a close friend of the bride and groom, Helen Koltis. Their gowns were identical in style, being of ballerina length with pleated net over taffeta and had floral bands for headpieces. That of Miss Karpinski’s was of American Beauty color, while Miss Koltis’ was teal blue. They carried colonial bouquets of yellow mums centered with roses.
Judy Hull, a nice of the groom, and the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Hull, Wausau, was the flower girl. Her gown was patterned after that of the bride’s attendants and she carried a bouquet identical to that of the bride.
James Hull, a nephew of the groom and son of Mr. and Mrs. Edward Hull, served as ring bearer.
Attending the groom as best man was Marion Karpinski, a brother, and groomsman Charles Frinach, a friend of the bride and groom.
Chester Karpinski and Bruce Hull, brothers of the bride and groom respectively, served as ushers.
During the nuptial high mass the choir sang "Ave Maria" while the bride offered a bouquet at the altar of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the groom did likewise at St. Joseph’s altar.
Later in the day a dinner was served at St. Hedwig’s Hall followed by a reception. More than 130 guests attended the dinner. The hall was appropriately decorated with baskets of flowers, colorful red and white streamers and the tables centered with cake and flowers.. The large wedding cake at the bridal table was made by the groom’s sister, Mrs. Donald Marshall of Thorp.
The couple is now residing in Minneapolis where Mr. Hull is employed by the S. J. Groves Construction Co.
Guests from out of town attending the ceremony included Mrs. George Lund and daughter Janice of Eau Claire; Mr. and Mrs. Roy Hull of Sheboygan; Frank Hull of Abbotsford; Mr. and Mrs. Henry Degenhardt, Loyal; Mr. and Mrs. Roman Degenhardt, Curtiss; Mr. and Mrs. Gust Becken and son Wesley, Curtiss; Shirley Raasch, Owen; Vernon Lindquist, Minneapolis; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Hull and family of Wausau and Mr. and Mrs. John Blunck of Withee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs