BioM: Adams, Julia (1952)
Surnames: Adams, Macik, Frey, Short, Jelenek
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 08/07/1952
Adams, Julia (2 AUG 1952)
Now honeymooning in northern Minnesota and Canada are Mr. and Mrs. George E. Macik, who were married at 8 o’clock Saturday evening in the Alliance Church at Owen. The Rev. H. D. Wagner officiated at the double ring candlelight ceremony.
During the service Miss Eunice Marking, Owen, sang "Together," "Because," and "Savior Like a Shepherd Lead Us." She was accompanied by Joseph Cech, Chicago, a cousin of the groom.
When the bride, the former Miss Julia A. Adams, daughter of Mrs. Mabel Adams, Withee (Clark Co., Wis.), approached the altar on the arm of her brother, she was wearing a Chantilly lace and net over satin gown. The long leg o’mutton sleeves accented the snug fitting bodice which was topped by a nylon yoke derailed with satin appliqué. Panels of lace adorned the bouffant skirt.
A crown of seed pearls held her lace-edged silk illusion veil in place. White gladioli and sprays of baby’s breath composed her bouquet.
White mouseline de soie velverary over pale green was selected for the formal worn by Miss Marie Short, Wausau, in her role as the bride’s only attendant. The tight bodice finished with a nylon yoke was a contrast to the billowing skirt which terminated in scallops. She carried a bouquet of white and Picardy gladioli.
Ludwig Macik was best man for his brother, both sons of Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Macik, Goodrich. Harold Frey, Owen, and Joe Jelenek, Goodrich, served as ushers.
Guests were greeted by the newlyweds at a reception in the Community Hall in Owen, following the church service.
A home in Medford is awaiting the newlyweds when they return from their trip. Mr. Macik has employment with Rierson’s and his bride will resume her duties as an elementary teacher in the Medford City Schools this fall.
Out of town guests at the wedding were from Medford, Stetsonville, Goodrich, Chippewa Falls, Wausau and Chicago.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs