Geraldine E. (1945)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgSurnames: Johnson, Clouse, Hardrath, Anderson
----Source: The Loyal Tribune 25 October 1945
Johnson, Geraldine E. (11 OCT 1945)
Miss Geraldine Elsa Johnson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Russell Johnson, and Alvin Lee Clouse, Clouse, son of Mr. andMrs. Russell Clouse, exchanged vows in a double-ring nuptial ceremony, read by J. C, Langholz, in the Lutheran church here at 2:30 o’clock Thursday afternoon, Oct.11.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, wore an entrained formal wedding gown of white, and her long veil of illusion was caught to a crown of seed pearls. She carried red roses and white carnations.
Her sister, Miss Janet Johnson, as maid of honor, wore a blue formal frock. The bridesmaid, Mrs. Aldon Hardrath, of Owen, sister of the groom was gowned in pink.
Bernard Anderson of Spencer, a cousin of the bride, and Aldon Hardrath of Owen were the groom’s attendants.
The church was decorated for the occasion with cut flowers. At the Johnson home, following the ceremony, dinner was served to 26 guests. The bride’s table was centered with a three-tiered cake, baked by the groom’s mother.
Both Mr. and Mrs. Clouse attended Loyal high school. Mr. Clouse is in the navy service and Mrs. Clouse has been employed in Minneapolis.
Mrs. Alfred Anderson and daughter, Lois, and Mrs. Glen Clouse of Spencer, and Mr. and Mrs. Walter Johnson of Neillsville were among the out-of-town guests.
To the newlyweds, the Loyal Tribune extends its wishes for happiness.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs