BioM: Broniaczyk, Theresa L. (1945)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Broniaczyk, Malinowski, Klimek, Gorman
----Source: The Loyal Tribune 20 September 1945
Broniaczyk, Theresa L. (11 AUG 1945)
In St. Mark’s Catholic church in Chicago at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 11, Miss Theresa L. Broniaczyk, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Peter Broniaczyk of Chicago, exchanged wedding vows with Edward A. Malinowski, son of Mrs. Vera Malinowski of Loyal.
The double ring ceremony was performed by the Rev. John H. McCauley. The bride was given in marriage by her brother, Steffen Broniaczyk. The altar was decorated with candles and gladioli.
For her marriage, Miss Broniaczyk chose a gown of White lace with a fingertip length veil, held by a crown of pearls. She carried a spray of white gardenias and white orchids and wore a necklace of pearls, a gift of the groom.
Miss Lee Gorman, a niece of the bride, served as her bridesmaid. She was attired in a pink net dress and wore a crown of gladioli. For her maid or honor the bride chose Miss Dorothy Gorman, also a niece. The maid of honor wore blue satin, trimmed with blue net. She carried a spray of gladioli and wore a crown of the same.
The wedding followed a military trend. Leopold Klimek of the U. S. marine corps served as best man.
The bride’s mother wore a dress of blue and white print, and the groom’s mother wore brown and white print. Both wore white carnations.
During the ceremony the organist sang, "On This Day, Oh Beautiful Mother." Following the ceremony the bride offered to the Blessed Virgin Mother a bouquet of white roses while the organ played "A Hymn to the Blessed Virgin."
A reception following the ceremony was given at the bride’s home. A 7 o’clock supper was served to 59 guests. The tables were decorated with white carnations and red roses. The wedding cake was topped with a miniature bride and groom.
Those from here who attended the wedding were Mrs. Vera Malinowski and son Alfred.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs