BioM: Gostomski, Rosemary F. (1953)
Surnames: Gostomski, Abramowicz, Victory, Grajkowski, Penk, Staron
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 11/05/1953
Gostomski, Rosemary F. (20 OCT 1953)
Rosemary Frances Gostomski, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Gostomski, became the bride of Edward A. Abramowicz, son of Mr. and Mrs. Alex Abramowicz, both of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), in a ceremony performed by Rev. Francis Piekarski at 10:00 o’clock on Oct. 20th, 1953 at St. Hedwig’s Church.
The bride’s dress was of white satin and lace. She wore a fingertip veil with a crown and carried white roses.
Miss Rita Gostomski, sister of the bride, maid of honor, wore a red taffeta full skirt with velvet jacket.
The bridesmaids were Carol Jean Victory, Cudahy, Wis., Margaret Abramowicz, the groom’s sister, and Harriet Gostomski, the bride’s sister. They wore dresses of the same style as the maid of honor in purple, gold and green. All carried bouquets of yellow mums. They wore short veils and bands as headdress to match their dresses.
Rosalie Grajkowski, a niece of Colorado, served as flower girl and wore a white satin and lace dress similar to the bride’s and carried white mums.
The groom wore a black tuxedo with a rose on his lapel.
Lawrence Gostomski, brother of the bride, was best man. Groomsmen were Sylvester Abramowicz, the groom’s brother, and Anthony Penk. All wore tuxedos with white mums.
Dennis Staron, who served as ring bearer, wore a black tuxedo with a white mum in his lapel.
A reception and dinner was given at St. Hedwig’s Hall for 400 guests.
The couple were both students of Thorp High School.
The newlyweds went on a trip to Dakota and Montana, and on their return will live on the farm of the groom north of Thorp.
The bride is employed at the Thorp Finance Corp. office here.
Relatives from out of town were from Colorado, Chicago, Milwaukee, Cudahy, Wausau, Mosinee, Marshfield, Stratford, Galoway, and Rosholt.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs