BioM: Alexander, Jean #2 (1947)
Surnames: Alexander, Weix, Beschta, Carpenter, Beck
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 10/02/1947
Alexander, Jean (Marriage - 1 Oct. 1947)
Marriage vows were exchanged between Miss Jean Alexander, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Peter Alexander, of Abbotsford, and Alphonse Weix, son of Mr. and Mrs. Martin Weix, of Colby, on Wednesday morning, Oct. 1 at 9:00 o’clock at St. Mary’s Catholic church, Colby, Wis. The double ring ceremony preceded the nuptial high mass sung by the Rev. Nicholas Beschta.
For her wedding the bride chose a gown of lace marquisette made with short puffed sleeves. Her finger tip veil, edged with lace, was held by a beaded head dress. White gladioli and Ophelia roses were combined with white satin ribbons to make her shower bouquet. Her only jewelry was a strand of pearls which belonged to her mother.
Attending her as maid of honor was her sister, Miss Alice Alexander, of Abbotsford, Wis. She was attired in a frock of blue marquisette made with a very full skirt and sleeves of elbow length. The bead head band and veil matched the dress. She carried a nosegay bouquet of pink carnations, with a blue ribbon.
Mrs. Frank Carpenter, sister of the groom, was the bridesmaid. Her frock was pink and was made with three-quarter length sleeves and full net skirt. Her veil matched her dress as did the pink ribbon tied to her nosegay bouquet of pink carnations.
Myron Beck and Frank Carpenter attended the groom.
Both mothers wore corsages of pink carnations and white gardenias.
Following the ceremony a wedding breakfast was served at the home of the bride‘s parents and dinner and supper were served at the home of the groom’s parents. White, blue and pink streamers were used in the home decorations.
Mr. and Mrs. Weix are at home to friends in Colby, Wis. Both young people are employed at Clark Mills, Inc.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs