BioM: Gosse, Marion Edith #2 (1947)
Surnames: Gosse, Krueger, Klingeberger
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 09/11/1947
Gosse, Marion Edith (Marriage - 6 Sept. 1947)
The first Evangelical and Reformed church, Colby, was the scene, Saturday, of the double ring ceremony that united in marriage Miss Marion Edith Gosse and Alvin C. Krueger. The Rev. J. C. Klingeberger, Greenwood, read the services for the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Louis Gosse and the son of Mrs. Mary Krueger, Colby, Wis.
The bride’s attendants were her sister, Miss Harriet Gosse, as maid of honor, and another sister, Miss Dorothy Gosse, and Hazel Krueger, the groom’s sister, as bridesmaids. Ben Krueger was his brother‘s best man and the groomsmen were Herman Gosse, brother of the bride, and Alfred Laabs, nephew of the groom. Melvin Gosse, Owen, and Lester Krueger, Curtiss, ushered.
The bride wore a princess style gown of white satin, styled with a sweetheart neckline, a full skirt ending in a long train, with lace insertions throughout. Her fingertip veil was caught to a tiara of seed pearls. She carried a bouquet of pink and yellow roses and white asters.
The maid of honor, in pink, and the bridesmaids, in blue and yellow, wore identically styled gowns of silk marquisette over taffeta and matching net hats. The maid of honor carried a colonial bouquet of white gladioli and pink zinnias. Miss Krueger carried a colonial bouquet of white gladioli, blue and pink asters, and Miss Gosse carried white gladioli and yellow roses.
Dinner was served at the home of the bride’s parents to 50 guests.
Both the bride and groom are graduates of the Colby high school. For the past two years, the bride has been employed at Wausau. The groom is engaged in construction work in Colby, Wis. Following a honeymoon in northern Wisconsin and Minnesota, they will reside in Colby, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs