BioM: Bugar, Helen E. (1945)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Bugar, McQuire, Zuller, Sullivan, O’Connor, Sheehan
The Loyal Tribune 30 August 1945
Bugar, Helen E. (11 AUG 1945)
On Aug. 11, the wedding of T/5 Helen E. Bugar, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ignatz Bugar of route one, Loyal, and Cpl. Donald C. McQuire of Syracuse, N. Y., was solemnized at a high noon ceremony which preceded the nuptial mass at the chapel at Lovell General hospital at Fort Devens, Mass., with Maj. John T. O’Brian of Boston, Mass, an army chaplain, officiating. The altar boys were Dancy LaBois and Larry Curtose of Ayer, Mass.
The chapel was brilliant in sunshine and lighted with candles, with vined tall gladioli in the altar vases.
The bridesmaid was T/5 Irene J. Zuller of St. Louis, Mo. The best man was Pfc. Arthur James Sullivan of Leominster, Mass.
Pfc. Cornelius Sullivan of New York City gave the bride away. Miss Mary O’Connor of Lowell, Mass., was the soloist. T/5 Agatha M. Sheehan of Gary, Ind., is the chapel organist. The usher was Pfc. William Sullivan of Leominster.
The bride wore a white satin princess style gown, with fingertip veil. She carried a white prayer book, with streamers, with her bouquet of white gladioli. The bridesmaid wore a pink taffeta, with a medieval headdress, and carried a bouquet of old fashioned flowers.
Mrs. Mary McQuire, the bridegroom’s mother, wore a yellow rose corsage on her grey pin-striped tailored suit.
Technician Bugar is with the medical detachment of the WAC detachment of Lovell General hospital.
Corporal McQuire was with the 299th Combat Engineers Battalion and was wounded on Normandy on D-day (June 6, 1944). He has been a patient at Lovell South hospital since last October.
The bridal couple left immediately after the ceremony for a wedding trip to Niagara Falls, N. Y.
The Loyal Tribune extends to the young couple its wishes for happiness.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs