BioM: Koltis, Helen C. (1953)
Surnames: Koltis, Frinack, Luzinski, Hay, Alger, Abramczuk, Trybowski
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/18/1953
Koltis, Helen C. (26 MAY 1953)
Miss Helen C. Koltis, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Anton Koltis of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Mr. Charles A. Frinack, son of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Frinack of Thorp, in a double ring ceremony performed by the Rev. Father Hebert Zoromski at St. Hedwig’s Church at 10:00 a.m., May 26.
The bride was given in marriage by her father.
The bride’s gown and long train was fashioned of nylon net over satin, with a lace bodice and panel in front. The long sleeves of nylon net came to a point at the wrist. Her fingertip veil, edged in lace and flowers of Sequin, fell from a beaded coronation crown. She wore a silver and rhinestone necklace and earring set, which was a gift from the groom.
The groom wore a light blue dinner jacket with dark trousers and bow tie. The best man, Joseph Koltis and attendant, Adolph Koltis, brothers of the bride, wore identical suits to the groom.
The matron of honor, Harriet Luzinski, sister of the bride, wore a ballerina length gown of lilac net over taffeta, with long sleeve jacket of lace and wide accordion pleated net cuffs collar. Her bouquet consisted of gladiolas and lilies of the valley.
The bridesmaids, Delores Hay and Ethel Alger, sisters of the groom, were dressed identically to the matron of honor. In blue and yellow. Their bouquets were also of gladiolas and lilies of the valley.
The little flower girl, Patsy Abramczuk, the bride’s niece, wore a pink gown identical to the bridesmaids and carried a basket of sweet peas. The ring bearer, Ernest Koltis, nephew of the bride, wore a navy blue suit and white bow tie. He carried a pillow of white satin, trimmed with white lace and streamers.
The bride carried a bouquet of white carnations and calla lilies to the altar of the Blessed Virgin Mary while the St. Hedwig’s Choir sang, "On This Day Oh Beautiful Mother."
The bride’s mother wore a light blue dress with black print and black accessories.
The groom’s mother wore a pastel blue dress with white accessories. Their corsages consisted of red roses.
The bride’s God Mother, Mrs. Trybowski, also wore a corsage of red roses.
The reception was held at St. Hedwig’s hall after the ceremony, where 225 guests were present.
The newlyweds have enjoyed a trip through the Black Hills and Bad Lands of South Dakota, and parts of Wyoming, and will now reside on the groom’s farm in the Town of Worden.
Out of town guests were: Mr. and Mrs. Jack Baque and Danny of Chicago; Mrs. Adella Abramczuk and daughters, and Mrs. Harriet Luzinski and daughters of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Rhinehart Lewerenz and Bobby of Chippewa Falls; Pfc. Jerome Koltis of Bartlesville, Okla.; Mr. and Nathan Goss and two children of La Crosse; Mr. and Mrs. John Zimmer and sons, Mrs. Clarissa Steele and children of Greenwood; Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Steele of Abbotsford; Mr. and Mrs. Geo. David and son, Mr. and Mrs. Adolph Frinack, Mrs. Joe Peterson and two daughters, Mrs. Grace McLeod, all of Stanley; Mrs. Josie Shock of Boyd, Mr. and Mrs. Paul Lato and son of Gilman. Mrs. Otto Darge of Solon Springs; Mr. and Mrs. John Frinack of Colby; Mrs. Anna Mushel, Mr. and Mrs. Leon Mushel, Mr. and Mrs. Tony Musherl, all of Medford.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs