BioM: Moczarny, Louise (1953)
Surnames: Moczarny, O’Neil, Kaminski, Stuesser, Hub Vaudreuil, Neiman, Jasper, Able
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 05/14/1953
Moczarny, Louise (2 MAY 1953)
(Chippewa News Herald)
St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church in Thorp was the setting Saturday, May 2, 1953, for the wedding of Miss Louise Moczarny, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph T. Moczarny of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and William J. O’Neil, son of Dr. and Mrs. W. B. O’Neill, 107 West Columbia St., Chippewa Falls.
Bouquets of gladioli and palms decorated the church for the ten o’clock nuptial Mass said by Father Francis Piekarski, who performed the double ring ceremony. The church choir sang during the Mass and the soloist san the "Ave maria."
The bride was escorted to the altar by her father. A fitted bodice with long sleeves and a nylon yoke with scalloped neckline of lace over pleating of nylon ruching detailed the bridal gown of Rosepoint lace. Similar ruching added a touch at the wrist. The chapel length lace gown over satin was fashioned scalloped redingote style with a front insert of accordion pleated nylon net. A coronation crown held the bride’s silk illusion fingertip veil and she carried a cascade bouquet of white carnations and stephanotis surrounding a purple orchid. Her pearl choker and earrings were a gift of the bridegroom.
Miss Irene Moczarny was her sister’s maid of honor. Misses Margie Moczarny, Theresa Kaminski and Nancy O’Neill of Milwaukee, sister of the bridegroom, served as bridesmaids. They wore identical gowns of blue lace over taffeta, strapless bodice and lace eton jacket. The lace extended into an apron effect in the skirt, which had a nylon flounce. The bridal aides wore matching hats and blue gloves and each carried a cascade bouquet of pink carnations and stephanotis tied with blue ribbon. Katherine Moczarny, as the junior bridesmaid, wore a similar costume and Patsy Moczarny, a niece, wore an identical frock, only in white. They carried cascade bouquets.
Robert O’Neil attended his brother as best man and Dr. R. H. Stuesser of Thorp, Kenneth Hub, St. Louis and John Vaudreuil of this city, were groomsmen. Edward Neiman and James Jasper ushered. The men and the little ring bearer, Tommy Able, nephew of the groom, were attired identically in dark trousers and white coats. Tommy carried the rings on a heat-shaped pillow.
The mother of the bride pinned a pink carnation corsage on her navy sheer dress with which she wore navy and white accessories. A similar corsage was worn by the bridegroom’s mother on her grey crepe dress. Her accessories were white and navy.
Three hundred guests attended the wedding breakfast served in St. Hedwig’s Hall. A beautifully decorated ice blue wedding cake centered the bridal table. Tapers and bouquets of spring flowers were also used in the table decorations.
When the young couple left on a trip to Milwaukee and Chicago the bride was wearing a gold suit with black accessories. They will reside in Thorp.
Out of town guests included: Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Johnson, Mrs. Victor Kowalczyk and son, Norbert, Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Kowalczyk and daughter Diane, all of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Joh Staszuk of Gilman; Mr. and Mrs. Frank O’Neil and Bernard O’Neil of Stockton, Ill., Mrs. Viola Trebran of Schullsburg, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. Don Young and son of Madison; Dr. and Mrs. William O’Neil, Mr. and Mrs. Robert O’Neil, Mrs. Carl Abel and Tommy, Dr. and Mrs. J. B. Collins, Dr. and Mrs. F. T. McHugh, Dr. and Mrs. D. R. Chisholm, Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Hub, Mr. and Mrs. John Couture, Sr., Mr. and Mrs. John Couture, Jr., Mrs. Henry Kisilewski, Sr., Mr. and Mrs. N. Brisson, Mrs. Margaret Doucette, Mr. and Mrs. James Pitrowski, John Taggart, Mrs. Mary Barry and Mr. and Mrs. Able Westlund, Mr. and Mrs. Roy Harling, Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Bresina, James Jasper, Paul Murphy and James Thompson, all of this city, and Miss Nancy O’Neil of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs