BioM: Gilday, Geraldine (1952)
Surnames: Glasshof, Gilday, Maki, Mansur, Ricksham, Filipiak
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 07/24/1952
Gilday, Geraldine (12 JUL 1952)
Miss Geraldine Gilday of Stanley, daughter of Mrs. A. C. Mansur, Stanley and Mr. Samuel Gilday of Chicago, became the bride of John Richard Glasshof of Stevens Point, on Saturday afternoon, July 12th, 1952. The bridegroom is the son of Mrs. Bertha Glasshof of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.) and the late William Glasshof.
The Pentecostal Tabernacle of Eau Claire was the setting for the three o’clock double ring ceremony which was performed by Rev. A. C. Mansur, step-father of the bride. Bouquet of blue and white flowers and lilies decorated the church. "The Lord’s Prayer" and "Wedding Prayer" were sung by Miss Gloria Lodhal, friend of the bride.
The traditional wedding music was played by Miss Carole Berseth, also a friend of the bride.
The bride wore a blue satin gown with three ties of white net, one over the other with a redingote of cotton French lace with standup collar, lapel front with long fitted fingertip sleeves. A glittering halo cap, etched with flowered beading and accented on each side in Quo Vadis styling, held her fingertip veil. She carried a white bible to which an orchid, stephanotis and streamers were attached. Her one strand pearl choker was a gift of the bridegroom.
A blue nylon tulle gown, ballerina length, with fitted bodice and full skirt was worn by the maid of honor, Beverly Gilday, sister of the bride. A sheer duster style coat of the same material and a basket woven cap with flowers attached to each side completed her costume. She carried a colonial bouquet.
Janice Maki, cousin of the bride from Duluth, Minn., and Linda Ricksham, niece of the bridegroom, from Minneapolis, were the flower girls. They wore powder blue frocks, ballerina length, fitted bodice, matching caplet and wristlets. Each carried a colonial basket and wore a crown of flowers in her hair.
Gerald Glasshof of Thorp, was his brother’s best man. Arthur Filipiak, uncle of the bride, Stanley, and Ronald Glasshof, Thorp, cousins, ushered.
A reception was held in the church parlors immediately after the ceremony.
The bride’s mtoehr attended in an aqua nylon dress with white accessories accented with a pink rose corsage. A similar corsage was worn by the bridegroom’s mother on her sheer bemberg print dress. Her accessories were black.
A light blue suit with navy accessories and a white orchid corsage was worn by the bride for traveling.
The bride, a graduate of the Stanley High School, is employed in the high school office. The bridegroom was graduated from Thorp High School and attended Wisconsin State College at Superior. He is employed as salesman for Armour and Company.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs