BioM: Heppner, Katharine #2 (1947)
Surnames: Heppner, Schraufnagel, Brockman, Jesske, Hamilton, Clayton
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 01/16/1947
Heppner, Katharine (Marriage - 15 Jan. 1947)
Miss Katherine Heppner, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. R. C. Heppner, and Alphonse Schraufnagel, son of Frank Schraufnagel, were united in marriage at St. Bernard’s Catholic church, Wednesday morning at 9:30. The Rev. Francis Brockman read the marriage service before the nuptial high mass.
For the occasion the bride wore a wool suit in natural shade and a corsage of pink roses and white carnations. In her hair she wore a spray of similar flowers.
Attending the couple were Mr. and Mrs. Art Schraufnagel, brother and sister-in-law of the groom. Mrs. Schraufnagel wore a coral wool suit with a corsage of white carnations and white carnations in her hair.
Miss Adeline Jesske, Wausau, a friend of the bride, and Robert Heppner, brother of the bride, also attended the couple. Miss Jesske wore a green wool suit with a corsage of pink carnations and pink carnations in her hair.
Mrs. Heppner’s corsage was a combination of pink and white carnations.
Following the ceremony, a wedding reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents. The table was beautifully decorated with green, pink and white, centered by a cake which was topped by a miniature bride and groom, and white candles. About 75 relatives and friends attended the reception.
In the evening, a wedding dance was held at the armory with music by Emil and his band.
Mr. and Mrs. Schraufnagel are leaving on a wedding trip to southern states and will be at home about Feb. 1 on the Norbert Schraufnagel farm, east of Abbotsford, Wis.
Among the relatives from away who attended the wedding were Mrs. Robert Hamilton and Mrs. Fannie Clayton, Chicago, and Mr. and Mrs. Emil Schraufnagel of Mason.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs