BioM: Kelsey, Doris #2 (1946)
Surnames: Kelsey, Whitney, Griffiths, Pucker, Jenks, Berry, Riplinger, La Fond, Roberson, Perry, Randall, Daley, Bandlow, Kenarek, Larson, Christianson, Bauman, Hemfer, De Canter, Hintz, Kyamork
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 01/02/1947
Kelsey, Doris (Marriage - 25 Dec. 1946)
Miss Doris Kelsey, who was given in marriage by her father, George H. Kelsey, and Claude R. Whitney, Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. C. R. Whitney, of Colby, exchanged marriage vows on Dec. 26, at the First Presbyterian church, at Abbotsford, in the glow of cathedral candles in wrought iron candelabra. Bouquets of white and yellow chrysanthemums and pink carnations decorated the altar.
The Rev. George E. Griffiths read the marriage service at 8:30 o’clock in the evening.
Miss Faith Pucker, of Wausau, played the wedding marches and was accompanist for T/Sgt. Merle Jenks, who sang "O Perfect Love" and "The Lord’s Prayer."
The bride’s gown was fashioned with a satin bodice and peplum. The yoke. With a round neck line, and a very full skirt, ending in a train, were made of net. She wore a finger tip veil and carried a bouquet of gardenias, miniature carnations and white pompons.
Miss Lenore Berry, Colby, was maid of honor; Mrs. Jack Kelsey, sister-in-law of the bride, was bridesmaid and Miss Audrey Whitney, sister of the groom, of Colby, was junior bridesmaid. Their gowns, of net over taffeta, were styled alike with beaded neckline and cap sleeves with which they wore long net mitts. Pink was worn by the maid of honor and white by the bridesmaids. They carried bouquets of pink roses and baby mums, tied with pink and white ribbons.
Attending the groom were Ben Riplinger, of Colby, as best man, and Jack Kelsey.
Following the ceremony, a reception held at the home of the bride, was attended by about 50 guests. A large wedding cake, topped by a miniature bride and groom, and sprays of holly centered the table.
Among the guests from a distance, who attended the reception were:
Mr. and Mrs. Harlo La Fond, Madison; Mr. and Mrs. H. Whitney, and Mr. and Mrs. M. Whitney, Decorah; Mr. and Mrs. Ted Robersen, Mr. and Mrs. O. A. Perry, Owen; Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd Randall, Appleton; Mrs. Ann Daley, Tomahawk; Mr. and Mrs. E. Bandlow, Medford; George Kanarek, Milwaukee; Mrs. C. Larson, Mrs. C. Christianson, the Misses J. Bauman, D. Hemfer, M. De Canter, P. Hintz, J. Kyamork and F. Pucker, Wausau.
The bride, following her graduation from the Abbotsford high school, took nurses’ training at Rochester, Minn., and is a graduate of the Kohler School of Nursing. For the past year and a half she was employed at Memorial hospital, at Wausau.
The groom is attending the school of engineering at the University of Wisconsin.
Mr. and Mrs. Whitney left for a short wedding trip to the southern part of the state and are now at home to friends at 1825 Vahlen avenue, in Madison.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs