BioM: Loucks, Dorothy Lenore #2 (1946)
Surnames: Loucks, Nelsen, Griffiths, Merwin, Prine, Remmel, Mantor,, Hennlich, Godfrey, Cristy
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 07/11/1946
Loucks, Dorothy Lenore (Marriage - 6 July 1946)
Miss Dorothy Lenore Loucks, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. L. F. Loucks, of the town of Holton, exchanged marriage vows with Carl T. Nelsen, of Eau Claire, the son of Mr. and Mrs. C. A. Nelsen, Colby, at an afternoon ceremony, July 6. The Rev. George E. Griffiths performed the rites at 4:00 o’clock at the Presbyterian church in Abbotsford, Wis.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, wore a gown of bride’s satin, styled with a fitted bodice, ornamented with tiny buttons down the back and cut work detail at deep net yoke repeated around the flared peplum. The full net overskirt swept into a long train and her long veil edged with lace, fell from a beaded tiara. She wore a string of pearls, a gift of the groom. Her Colonial shower bouquet consisted of pink and white carnations with sweet peas and swansonia.
The maid of honor, Miss Marjorie Ann Nelsen, sister of the groom, wore a gown of net over pink taffeta, with a fitted bodice, sweetheart neck line and a pearl necklace, a gift of the bride. Her bouquet consisted of pink and white carnations with blue delphiniums. She wore a coronet of pink and white carnations.
The two bridesmaids were Miss Elaine Merwin, cousin of the bride, and Miss Sara Louise Nelsen, sister of the groom. Miss Merwin wore a gown of blue Mouin-de-soi over taffeta, fitted bodice with sweetheart neckline. Miss Nelsen wore a gown of blue mousseline de-soie, over taffeta, fitted bodice with sweetheart neck line. Miss Nelsen wore a gown of blue sheer with shadow flowers with sweet heart neck line. The bridesmaid’s carried Colonial bouquets of pink and white carnations with delphiniums and baby’s breath. Both wore pearl necklaces, gifts of the bride, and coronets of pink and white carnations.
Clarence A. Nelsen, Jr., of Chicago, twin brother of the groom, attended as best man and Charles Loucks, brother of the bride, and Ronald Nelsen, brother of the groom, served as ushers.
The bride’s mother chose for the ceremony a navy blue crepe, with matching hat and white accessories. The groom’s mother wore a dress of rose print with white accessories. Both had shoulder corsages of carnations and sweet peas.
During the ceremony, Miss Joyce Merwin sang "Because" and "I Love You Truly." The church was decorated with baskets of garden flowers and banks of ferns. Mrs. Melvin Prine, of Colby, played the wedding march and accompanied Miss Merwin.
Following the wedding, a reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents. Covers were laid for 40 guests. Home decorations were pastel colored streamers and garden flowers. The center of the bride’s table was a beautiful tiered wedding cake, topped with miniature bride and groom.
The bride is a graduate of Abbotsford high school, class of 1945, and the groom is a graduate of Colby high school, class of 1940. He served in the United States navy for two and a half years, most of which were in the Pacific area. He received his discharge Feb. 1, 1946.
The couple left Saturday night for an extended trip thru northern Wisconsin and upper Michigan. They will be at home after July 16 in Eau Claire where the groom is employed at the Eau Claire air port as an airplane mechanic.
Guests at the reception included the Rev. George E. Griffiths, Mrs. Emily Merwin, Abbotsford; Mrs. R. J. Remmel and children, Kewaskum; John Loucks and Mr. and Mrs. Harold Merwin, town of Holton; Mr. and Mrs. Howard Merwin and son, Robert, and Mr. and Mrs. Morris Mantor, town of Hull; Mr. and Mrs. Ben Merwin, Abbotsford; Mr. and Mrs. Roy Merwin, Wausau; Mr. and Mrs. A. J. Hennlich, Curtiss; Mrs. Myron Godfrey and Mr. and Mrs. Tom Godfrey, Waupaca; Mrs. Kenneth Cristy and Kenneth Cristy, Jr., of Ringwood, Ill.; Robert Nelsen, Chicago; and Mrs. Melvin Prine, Colby, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs