BioM: Apfelbeck, Bernice #2 (1946)
Surnames: Apfelbeck, Trombly, Beschta, Stillman, Kwasigroch, Amundson, Hanson, Drew, Gindt, Reynolds, Jaedis, Berthume, Kulas, Diers, Hummer
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 06/27/1946
Apfelbeck, Bernice (Marriage - 17 June 1946)
Miss Bernice Apfelbeck, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Carl Apfelbeck, Colby, and Jack Trombly, St. Petersburg, Fla., son of Mr. and Mrs. W. C. Trombly, of Delroy Beach, Fla., were united in marriage Monday, June 17, at St. Mary’s Catholic church at Colby, Wis. The ceremony was read by the Rev. Nicholas B. Beschta at 9:00 o’clock, followed by a nuptial high mass.
The bride approached the altar in a white gown designed with satin bodice and full net skirt, trimmed with appliqué. A wreath of stephanotis held her long veil which was appliquéd and edged with lace. She wore a necklace of pearls, the gift of the groom and carried a bouquet of pink roses and stephanotis.
Miss Rosemary Apfelbeck, Chicago, was her sister‘s maid of honor and Miss Violet Stillman also of Chicago, was bridesmaid.
Both attendants wore identical frocks of blue marquisette and wrist bouquets of pink roses and stephanotis.
Attending as best man was Leon Apfelbeck of Chicago. Another brother, Claude was usher.
The bride’s mother wore a navy blue dress with a bouquet of red roses.
One hundred and fifty guests attended the reception at the Apfelbeck home. Blue and white streamers, wedding bells and red roses were used in the home decorations.
Out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. John Kwasigroch and children, Leon Apfelbeck, Mrs. Mae Amundson, Miss Violet Stillman, Ralph Hanson, Miss Sandy Drew, Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Matt Gindt and family, Boyd; Tom Reynolds, Ray Jaedis and Mr. and Mrs. Charles Berthume, Dorchester; Mrs. John Kulas and family, Miss Margaret Diers, and Mrs. Ray Hummer, Athens.
Mr. Trombly is attending school in Chicago and the young couple are living at 940 Lawrence Ave., there.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs