BioM: Molle, Vernetta #3 (1950)
Surnames: Molle, Phillips, Fakes, Hendrickson
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 01/04/1951
Molle, Vernetta #3 (29 DEC 1950)
St. Katherine’s Episcopal Church, Owen, was the scene of a lovely wedding ceremony which united Miss Vernetta Molle and Duane Phillips in marriage. The nuptial rites were read by Dr. K. O. Crosby at two o’clock Friday afternoon, Dec. 29th, 1950.
The bride, daughter of Adolph Molle, wore rust brown suit with brown accessories and a corsage of yellow roses. Attending her as bridesmaids were Delores Hendrickson and Mrs. Russell Phillips. Miss Hendrickson wore a brown suit with green accessories while Mrs. Phillips wore a green suit with brown accessories. Each wore corsages of yellow and white carnations.
Attending the bridegroom as best man was Gaylord Fakes, a close friend, while his brother Russell served as groomsman.
Immediately following the ceremony the couple received their friends at a reception held in the Community Hall. The hall was decorated in keeping with the yuletide season as was the bridal party’s table, which had Christmas candles and flowers.
The bride attended the Loyal school system and is a graduate of the Owen High School with the class of 1950. For the past several months she has been employed in Prairie du Chein. The bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Uno Phillips, route 1, Owen (Clark Co., Wis.), and a graduate of the Owen High School. He also attended the Eau Claire State Teachers College and later enlisted in the United States Navy. Presently he is employed as a trailer mechanic by the Decatur Cartage Co. in Chicago, Ill.
The couple is now residing at 3007 Wilson Av., Chicago, Ill.
Guests from away that attended the wedding included Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Molle, Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Molle, Atwood; Mr. and Mrs. Reuben Schutte, Lake Geneva, Wis. and Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Hendrickson, Spooner.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs