BioM: Kath, Gladys (1945)
Surnames: Kath, Kramer, Brandt, Boehlke, Franz
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 06/21/1945
Kath, Gladys (Marriage - 16 June 1945)
Christ Evangelical Lutheran church was the scene of two charming, all white weddings on Saturday afternoon, June 16.
At 2:00 o’clock Miss Gladys Kath, Madison, daughter of Mrs. Kath, of Unity, and Arvin Kramer, son of Mr. and Mrs. Anton Kramer, of Abbotsford, exchanged marriage vows in a double ring ceremony, read by the Rev. John Brandt.
The bride wore a gown of white slipper satin with a lace yoke and midriff and lace inserts in the skirt. Her veil was finger tip length. The bridal bouquet was a tight mass of red roses and white phlox tied with white and red ribbons.
Attending her were her two sisters, the Misses Lorraine and Carol Kath, of Madison, in white frocks, made identical. Bouquets of pink and white and blue carnations to match the pink and blue head dresses were carried by the maid of honor and bridesmaid, respectively.
Three brothers attending the groom completed the wedding party: Edward Kramer, Abbotsford, as best man; Cpl. Darold Kramer, of the Marines, as usher, and Roger Kramer, as ring bearer, carried the two rings on a calla lily, surrounded by red roses.
The bride’s mother wore a lavender suit with white accessories and the groom’s mother wore a navy blue frock with white accessories. Both wore carnation corsages.
Special singing for the ceremony was provided by Melvin Boehlke with organ accompaniment by Mrs. Ray Franz.
Following the ceremony a reception was held at the Kramer farm for about 60 guests. The house was decorated with blue, pink and white streamers and peonies and snapdragons. The centerpiece on the bridal table was a three tier wedding cake, topped with a wedding bell.
In the evening a wedding dance was held at Wiedenhoeft’s pavilion.
Mr. and Mrs. Kramer are at home to friends on the farm of the groom’s father, northeast of Abbotsford, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs