BioA: Degener, Albert (Golden - 1951)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Degener, Randall, Bartell, Schewe, Walk, Thrun, Hemp, Lange, Knoop, Selk
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) February 1, 1951
Degener, Albert (Golden Anniversary - 1951)
Mr. and Mrs. Albert Degener observed their golden wedding anniversary at their home on South Grand Avenue Tuesday.
Guests at a dinner in honor the occasion included the Rev. And Mrs. Schewe and family, Hans Walk and Henry Bartell. Also present were Mrs. Iris Randall, a granddaughter, and her children Vivian and Sophia.
The Degeners were married in St. John’s Lutheran Parsonage here, with the Rev. F. Thrun performing the ceremony. They were attended by Mr. and Mrs. Frank Hemp, long time residents of Neillsville, now residing in Wisconsin Rapids; Mrs. Max Lange of St. Paul, a sister of Mrs. Degener; and Arnold Knoop, whose present address is unknown by them.
Before their marriage Mrs. Degener was employed in the Neillsville store of Carl and Paul Walk, early merchants here. Mr. Degener was employed in the Walk brothers’ Chili store. Following the marriage the Degeners established their home in Chili, where Mr. Degener continued to work for the Walks for a time.
He later purchased a hardware business in Chili and operated it until 1925, when poor health forced him to retire temporarily from business. They sold the business in 1925 to Mr. and Mrs. August Selk, and went to Germany where they spent a year visiting relatives of Mr. Degener.
Returning to this country in 1926, Mr. Degener built the tile building on Seventh Street now owned by the Neillsville Milk Products co-operative and used by them for their milk drying operation. There he operated a hardware store for several years.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs