BioM: Hiebsch, Bert Jeanne (1940)
Surnames: Hiebsch, Hansen, Weller, Miller, Schmidt, Koppa, Seidel, Fuchsgruber
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark Co., Wisconsin) 07/11/1940
Hiebsch, Bert Jeanne (Marriage - 6 July 1940)
Miss Bert Jeanne Hiebsch, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Hiebsch of Dorchester was united in marriage to Lawrence Ness Hansen, son of Mr. and Mrs. H. P. Hansen of Chicago, Saturday morning, at eleven o’clock at St. Louis rectory. The Rev. Philip Weller read the service.
A floor length gown of white mousseline de soie fashioned with all over chenille was worn by the bride. A shoulder length veil held by a wreath of gardenias and a colonial bouquet of roses and forget-me-nots completed the bride’s ensemble.
Mrs. M. W. Miller of Milwaukee in a gown of white silk jersey was matron of honor to her sister. Miss Gretchen Fuchsgruber, cousin of the bride, of Dorchester, was the bridesmaid. She wore a gown of panorama net in rose. Both attendants wore corsages of sweet peas.
Mr. M. W. Miller of Milwaukee and Mr. Arthur Seidel of Dorchester attended the groom.
Immediate relatives joined the bridal party in a 11:30 breakfast at the Hotel Robinson, Colby, Wis. A reception in the afternoon was held at the home of the bride’s parents.
Mrs. Hansen was graduated from the Abbotsford High School and the Oshkosh State Teachers’ College. For the past four years she has taught school in Appleton. Mr. Hansen is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin and is employed in Chicago as manager for a household finance corporation.
Mr. and Mrs. Hansen are spending two weeks at a northern resort and after July 20th will be at home to their friends at 4940 Barry Avenue, Chicago.
Those from Abbotsford who attended the wedding were the bride’s grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. John Schmidt, and two aunts, Mrs. Henry Kopps and Miss Tillie Schmidt.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs