BioM: Hamann, Ethel #2 (1944)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Hamann, Lindekugel, Foelake, Litka
The Loyal Tribune 06 July 1944
Hamann, Ethel #2 (28 JUN 1944)
On Wednesday afternoon, June 28, at 2 o’clock at Trinity Lutheran church and before an altar decorated with pink roses, Ethel Hamann, only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Otto Hamann, 406 North Ash street, Marshfield, became the bride of Harold Lindekugel of Granton, only son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Lindekugel of Loyal.
The Rev. J. C. Langfeldt performed the double ring ceremony. Mrs. Romaine Rossow, accompanied by Mrs. Marvin Seeman at the organ, sang, "Oh! Promise Me" and "Crown With Thy Benediction."
The bride was dressed in a white floor length gown of white ninon sheer, with long white sleeves that came to a point over the wrist. Her fingertip veil fell from a beaded coronet headdress. She wore a gold heart-shaped locket, a gift of the groom. The bride carried a bouquet of white gladioli, sweet peas, baby’s breath and fern.
Miss Janice Foelake, cousin of the bride, acted as maid of honor and wore a pink floor length gown, a sweetheart bonnet and shoulder corsage of white and pink carnations. Mrs., Ruth Litka, sister of the groom, acted as bridesmaid and wore a blue floor length gown, sweetheart bonnet and shoulder corsage of white and pink carnations.
The groom, dressed in a blue suit and wearing a white carnation, was attended by Horace Lindekugel of Marshfield, acting as best man. Reuben Litka, brother-in-law of the groom, acted as the other attendant.
A supper was served in the church parlors at 5 o’clock for the bridal party. At 8 o’clock in the evening a reception and friends was held at the home of the groom’s parents.
The bride is a graduate of the Loyal high school, class of 1943. The groom, a shoe repairman by trade, is operating a shoe repair shop in the village of Granton. The young couple is now at home to friends in Granton.
The Loyal Tribune joins their many friends in wishing them a long and happy journey through life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs