BioM: Hannan, Dorothy Jean (1950)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Hannan, Sturtz, Lyons, Bardell, King
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) October 5, 1950
Hannan, Dorothy (Marriage - 27 September 1950)
St. Anthony’s Catholic Church at Loyal was the scene on Wednesday, September 27, 1950, of the wedding of Miss Dorothy Jean Hannan, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Hannan of Loyal, and Howard Sturtz, Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. Howard Sturtz, Sr., also of Loyal.
The double ring ceremony was performed by the Rev. Norbert King in a setting of autumn flowers.
The bride, approaching the altar on the arm of her father, wore a gown of white satin and lace fashioned with a lace yoke, high neckline, long sleeves and a train. Her blusher veil of illusion extended to her fingertips. It was secured to a lace bonnet embroidered with seed pearls. Her bridal bouquet was a white orchid surrounded by yellow roses and white carnations.
Bridal aides were Mrs. Russell Lyons of Neillsville, sister of the bride, as matron of honor, Annette Hannan, another sister of the bride, and Donna Bardell, a cousin of the bride as bridesmaids. They wore identical gowns of green satin with hoop skirts.
The groom was attended by James Hannan, brother of the bride, as best man. Robert Hannan, another brother of the bride and Donald Sturtz, a brother of the groom, as groomsmen.
A dinner was served at the church parlors for 70 guests. The decorations were green and white wedding bells.
After October 4, they are to be at home at Loyal. Their wedding trip took them to Canada.
The bride is a graduate of the Loyal High School and St. Joseph’s School of Nursing. She was employed as a technician at Monroe.
The groom is a graduate of the Loyal High School and operates a music store in Loyal as well as being a dance band leader.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs