BioM: Baird, Virginia (1950)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Baird, Engle, Dreher, Bergemann, Steiger, Syth, Humke, Mlada, Holmes
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) September 28, 1950
Baird, Virginia (Marriage - 24 September 1950)
The Grace Methodist Church in Greenwood was the scene on Sunday afternoon of the marriage of Miss Virginia Baird, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. H. R. Baird of Greenwood, and Richard Engle, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Engle of Eau Claire. The double-ring ceremony was performed by the Rev. Lee H. Holmes in a setting of candelabras, ferns and baskets of shaded tones of bronze and yellow chrysanthemums.
Approaching the altar on the arm of her father, the bride was attired in an entrained gown of ivory satin. The yoke of sheer nylon net and scalloped lace was outlined with an off-the-shoulder ruffle of Alencon lace. The dress was designed with a fitted bodice and long sleeves with lace ruffles at the wrists. It ivory net finger tip veil with Alencon lace was held in place by a bonnet of lace and satin and she carried a white orchid on a white Bible with stephanotis attached to white streamers.
Miss Donna Mae Baird, sister of the bride, wore green taffeta with a hoop skirt. Mrs. Merwin Dreher, Minneapolis, the groom’s sister, as a bridesmaid, wore a gown identical to that of the maid of honor. Mary Jane Bergemann, cousin of the bride, was flower girl. She wore a dress of old gold taffeta with a hoop skirt.
The groom was attended by Kenneth Steiger, brother-in-law of the bride, as best man, and Merwin Dreher, Minneapolis, as groomsman.
Ervin Steiger of Neillsville and Dale Syth of Eau Claire ushered. Mrs. Everett Humke sang accompanied by Miss Margaret Mlada.
After a honeymoon in southern Wisconsin and Minnesota the groom will report to Fort Riley, Kans. for army service.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs