BioA: Collier, Mr./Mrs. Milton (Golden - 1991)
Contact: Ken Wood
Surnames: Collier, Routar, Schutte
----Source: Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wood County, Wis.) 2 Aug. 1991 Page 9 Col. 2
Collier, Mr./Mrs. Milton (Golden Anniv. - 21 July 1991)
Wed 50 Years
Milton and Anne Collier of Withee observed their 50th wedding anniversary on July 21. They were married on July 21, 1941.
Dinner was held at 12:30 p.m. for their immediate family at Oakbrook Manor of Thorp where Mr. Collier is a resident.
Present were their daughter and her husband Marvin and Marie Schutte, Elmwood, granddaughter Therese Schutte, Eau Claire, and brother Elton Collier and his wife Irene of Medford.
Later afternoon guests were grandchildren John Schutte, Pat and Sandy Schutte and Children Bambi and Adam, Crystal, Minn.; Norman Schutte and daughter Ashley, New Richmond, Steve Schutte and fiance Sheri Buss, Menomonie, neighbors and staff of Oakbrook Manor. Music was provided by Therese Schutte on guitar.
Mr. Collier was born in Ingram and attended schools there and later at Owen. He worked on construction projects and served in the U.S. Navy from September 1942 until October 1945 in the Aluetion Islands. He later worked on construction in Guam, Okinawa and northern Africa, Massena, N.Y. and Niagara Falls, N. Y. He lived in Minnesota from 1961-69 where he became a stationary engineer. He became disabled in 1969 due to an accident.
Anne Routar was born in Willard and attended St. Graded School there, graduating from Correspondence School of Chicago.
In 1961 she graduated from Trott Vocational School of Practical Nursing in Niagara Falls, N.Y. She worked as a licenses practical nurse in hospitals in Niagra Falls, Minneapolis, Pack rapids, Minn., Bloomer and Neillsville Memorial Home. For the last 14 years, she was employed at Clark County Health Center in Owen, retiring in 1988.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs