History: Granton, Wis. Zion Lutheran Ladies Aid
----Source: Greenwood Public Library, original copy owned by Jean Rolstad
History of Zion Lutheran Ladies Aid - Granton, Wisconsin
ion Lutheran Ladies Aid Society was organized October 24, 1917, with Reverend Martin Hass as pastor here. The very first meetings of our aid were held in the homes of members, with about twelve ladies attending the first and eight joining the newly formed group. On June 5, 1940, we held our first meeting in the former Reichert building, now known as 'The Old Aid House'. which had become congregational property. In August and September, we remodeled this building for Aid purposes. We continued to meet here until 1958, when it was torn down as the location for our new church. On May 13, 1959, we held our first aid meeting in our new church dining hall.
Our order of business is hymn, scripture reading, prayer and topic by pastor or Bible study, We follow Robert's rules of order for our. business meeting and close with a hymn and table prayer. Lunch is served by three members at each meeting.
Our Aid has purchased many good and supplies for the church, as well as giving Christmas gifts to our pastor and family, choir director, organist, service men and the sick and shut-ins. We donate money or good to Bethesda Home, Chippewa Northern Colony, Detroit Del Institution, Lutheran Dakota Boy's Ranch, Children's Friend Society, Conquest for Christ. Lutheran Hour, March of Dimes, Heart Fund, Polio Fund and Leukemia Children's Fund.
Our monies are earned from banquet dinners or luncheons, smorgasbords, etc.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs