Obit: Gorsegner, Nathail ‘Dolly’ (1921 - 1990)
Contact: Gerald Gorsegner
Surnames: Gorsegner, Couillard, Attlesey, Williams, Utegaard, Hinkel
----Source: Ladysmith News (Rusk County, Wis.) 11/??/1990
Gorsegner, Nathail ‘Dolly’ (5 FEBRUARY 1921 - 7 NOVEMBER 1990)
Funeral services were conducted Saturday afternoon at the Gilman Funeral Home in Gilman for Nathail E. "Dolly" Gorsegner, 69, Ladysmith, a former Gilman and Jump River area resident who died Wednesday evening, Nov. 7, 1990 at the Rusk County Memorial Hospital in Ladysmith.
Rev. George Moore officiated and burial took place in Mt. Nebo Cemetery at Jump River. Grandsons served as pallbearers.
The former Nathail Couillard, daughter of the late Addelor and Marth (Attlesey) Couillard, was born February 5, 1921, at Donald in the Town of Pershing and spent her childhood in the Donald area.
Her marriage to Richard Gorsegner, who survives, took place June 1, 1938, at Stanley.
After their marriage the couple lived in the Jump River area until 1942 when they moved to Racine. In 1945 they returned to Jump River, farming there until 1959. At that time they moved to the Gilman area where they operated the Hungry Hollow tavern until their retirement in 1975 when they moved to Ladysmith.
Mrs. Gorsegner had served on the Gilman School Board and she was a member of the Presbyterian Church.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by three sons, Robert, Chicago, Willis, Ladysmith, and Barry, Braham, Minn.; a daughter, Betty, Mrs. LaValle Williams, Stanley, 12 grandchildren and seven great grandchildren. Other survivors include six brothers Dorwin, Medford, George, Stanley, Raymond, Gilman, Gerald, Jump River, and Harold and Willis, both of Donald, and two sisters, Mrs. Mae Utegaard, Eau Claire, and Mrs. Edna Hinkel, Gilman.
A brother, Jack, also preceded her in death.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs