BioA: Fecker, Mr./Mrs. George (50th Anniv. - 1948)
Surnames: Fecker, Schaller, Kass, Prechel, Schumaker
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 07/15/1948
Fecker, Mr./Mrs. George (50th Anniv. - 6 July 1948)
A reception was held Tuesday, July 6, at the George Fecker farm southeast of Colby, to observe the golden wedding anniversaries of Mr. and Mrs. George Fecker and Mr. and Mrs. William Fecker.
The double wedding, two sisters and two brothers, took place at Holy Trinity Catholic church, School Hill, in Manitowoc county, July 6, 1898, when Angela Schaller was married to William Fecker and Adeline Schaller was married to George Fecker.
Angela Schaller, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Schaller, was born on a farm at School Hill, Sept. 23, 1871, one of seven children. At the age of three years, her parents moved to a farm southwest of Colby, Wisconsin.
Before her marriage Mrs. Fecker worked in the hotels at Colby and Dorchester and for a time at Phillips. Her parents moved back to School Hill about 1897 and she joined them later that year and was married in the summer of 1898 to William Fecker.
Mr. Fecker, one of nine children, was born in Centerville, in Manitowoc county March 3, 1872, to Mr. and Mrs. George Fecker, and lived on a farm with his parents. When only 12 years old he began work in a cheese factory and about 1897 owned his own cheese factory at School Hill.
He continued there until 1914, when he bought the Green Valley Cheese Factory 6 miles east of Colby, Wisconsin. Seven years later he sold this but continued to work as a cheesemaker for a few years.
In 1923 they moved to the village of Abbotsford, Wisconsin.
Mr. and Mrs. Fecker have three daughters, Mrs. George (Sylvia) Kass, Milwaukee; Mrs. Edward (Irene) Prechel, Creve Coeur, Ill., and Mrs. Dwight (Madalen) Schumaker, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
There are nine grandchildren.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs