Peggy E. (1946)
Surnames: DeLancy, Reeves, Schulteis, Tyesdal, Moore, Granger, Heing, Eolf, Harry
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 11/21/1946
DeLancy, Peggy E. (Marriage - 16 Nov. 1946)
A beautiful wedding took place at St. Joseph’s church, Milwaukee, Wis., Saturday, Nov. 16, at 9:00 A.M., Rev. E. Schulteis reading the marriage ceremony. The bride, Miss Peggy E. DeLancy, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Soren Tyesdal, was given in marriage by her father to Robert J. Reeves, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Reeves, 644 N. 15th St., Milwaukee.
The bride was gowned in white satin, fitted bodice, with sweetheart neckline and over skirt and train of net. Her finger tip veil of net was fastened to a peach beaded tiara. She wore a pearl necklace and ear rings, a gift of the groom, and carried a shower bouquet of large white chrysanthemums.
Mrs. Betty Moore, aunt of the bride, acted as matron of honor and wore a blue net over satin with matching Dutch cap style headdress. She carried an arm bouquet of yellow and white chrysanthemums.
Miss Dorothy Reeves, sister of the groom, was bridesmaid and wore pink net over peach satin, matching headdress of Dutch style cap. She carried an arm bouquet of bronze and white chrysanthemums interspersed with pink carnations.
The groom’s brothers, Richard Reeves and James Reeves, acted as best man and groomsman, respectively.
A wedding dinner was served at the groom’s home to the immediate families. Table decorations consisted of tall white candles with a center piece of white baby mums and white snapdragons. The reception was held in the evening at the Moose hall at 8:15. The evening was spent in dancing and concluded with a buffet supper given by the bride’s parents.
The couple left on a wedding trip to Little Cedar Lake and will be at home after Nov. 25 at 1008 North 16th street, Milwaukee.
Out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd Granger of Chicago, Mr. and Mrs. Heing and Mr. and Mrs. Roland Eolf of Menasha and Mrs. Wm. Harry of Colby, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs