Arla Mae (1946)
Surnames: Schneider, Bagner, Curtiss, Kalas
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 09/19/1946
Schneider, Arla Mae (Marriage - 2 Sept. 1946)
Mr. and Mrs. Walter Schneider of Colby announce the marriage of their daughter, Arla Mae, to Robert Bagner, son of Mr. and Mrs. Louis Bagner of Campbell, California.
The double ring ceremony, performed September 2nd at 9:00 o’clock by the Rev. Richard Curtiss in St. Mary’s Catholic church, Las Gatos, Calif., was followed by a nuptial high mass. Miss Helen Kalas sang Gounad’s "Ave Maria."
The bride wore a grey wool crepe suit with black accessories and a corsage of white delphiniums. Miss Betty Bagner and John Bagner, sister and brother of the groom, were the couple’s only attendants. Miss Bagner wore a beige wool crepe suit with brown accessories and a corsage of blue delphiniums.
After the ceremony breakfast was served to the wedding party and immediate family at the home of the groom’s parents after which the newlyweds left on a wedding trip to Northern California and Oregon.
The bride is a graduate of the Colby, Wis. High School, class of 1941, and was employed in Chicago prior to enlisting in the U.S. Marine Corps Women’s Reserve. After completing a course of training in Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, she served 21 months as clerk and typist in the Ordnance Section, Depot of Supplies, in San Fransisco.
The groom is a graduate of the Campbell High School and attended California School of Polytechnics, San Luis Obispo, until he entered the U.S. army air corps and served eight months in Italy.
The couple will take up residence on the campus at San Luis Obispo where the groom resumed his studies immediately after his honorable discharge from service and where he will receive his bachelor of science degree in June, 1947.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs