BioM: Zahrt, Velma
Surnames: Zahrt, Runzheimer, Potratz, Peters, Parsch, Giese, Schlund, Schulz
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 07/04/1946
Zahrt, Velma (Marriage - 29 June 1946)
Miss Velma Zahrt, daughter of Mrs. Bertha Zahrt of the town of Easton, Marathon county, and Erwin Runzheimer, son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Runzheimer of the town of Hull, were united in marriage on Saturday, June 29, at St. John’s Lutheran church, town of Easton, Rev. John F. Potratz reading the marriage ceremony. Karl W. Peters of Wittenberg, brother in law of the bride, was organist, and, after the processional, Clark’s "Wedding March," he played softly during the ceremony and for the quartet singing of Norman Parsch, Marvin Giese, Walter Schlund and Merlin Zahrt, who selected "Take Thou My Hand" and "Oh, Perfect Love." "Jesus Still Lead On" was used as the recessional.
Matron of honor was Mrs. Walter Schlund, Wausau, sister of the bride, and her bridesmaids were the Misses Anna Schulz, Milwaukee, intimate friend of the bride, and Rowena Runzheimer, town of Maine, cousin of the groom.
The bride’s gown was of princess-styled velva-rae marquisette, with long sleeves extending over the wrists, and a full train in regal style. A sweetheart neckline featured the bodice, fastened down the back with tiny buttons. A full-length illusion veil of net bordered in Chantilly lace was caught to a seed pearl tiara. A white satin bow tied her shower bouquet of pink roses, white carnations, stephanotis and fern.
Miss Karen Louise Runzheimer, only niece of the groom, was dressed in all white in sheer silk marquisette over satin, trimmed with shadow lace and satin ribbon. The little flower girl wore a matching head bandeau of lace and ribbon rosettes and carried a colonial bouquet of white carnations, pink roses and gladiolus buds, tied with a blue bow.
The matron of honor was gowned in a white taffeta bodice with billowing skirt of marquisette. A lace ruffle trimmed the waistline and the shoulders, from which extended the short, puffed sleeves. She added to her all-white attire a sweetheart bonnet. The bridesmaids were dressed alike in pink net over satin, designed with key-hole necklines, puffed sleeves and peplums. White braid ornamented the bodices. Both wore sweetheart bonnets and all three carried pastel flower bouquets, composed of gladiolus, carnations, daisies, stephanotis and fern, tied with white satin bows.
Sheer black, brightened with sequins and white accessories, was chosen by Mrs. Zahrt for her daughter’s wedding. The groom’s mother wore a sheer slate-blue print, with navy accessories, and both wore corsages of carnations and roses.
After the guests left the church, which was decorated for the occasion with palms, baskets of peonies and mock orange blossoms, and the pews marked with white maline bows, they went to the bride’s mother’s home for the reception and dinner. The house had been made festive for the 175 persons in attendance with pink and white streamers and paste garden flowers.
The couple has departed for a wedding trip to Milwaukee and other parts of the state. After next Sunday they will operate the Sunset grocery in the town of Easton, which the bride managed before her marriage.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs