Esther L. (1946)
Surnames: Horner, Nelson Goetsch, Sommer, Augustine, Laabs, Seefluth, Franke, Miller, Primus, Pepin, Tweed, Teshner, Knecht, Witte, Leinking, Schultz
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 04/11/1946
Horner, Esther L. (Marriage - 8 Apr. 1946)
The marriage of Esther Horner of Owen and Lloyd Nelson of Fairchild was solemnized at St. Paul’s Ev. Lutheran church at Green Grove on Monday, April 8th, the Rev. M. C. Goetsch officiating.
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 04/18/1946
At two o’clock on Monday, April 8th, Miss Esther L. Horner, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Horner of the town of Beaver, was united in marriage with Lloyd J. Nelson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Anton Nelson of Fairchild. St. Paul’s Lutheran church at North Green Grove was the scene of the wedding and the Rev. M. C. Goetsch officiated. Misses Marilyn Sommer, Lucille Augustine and Dorine Laabs sang, "O Perfect Love."
The bride, who entered the church with her brother, Rudolph, was attired in a white slipper satin gown styled with a net skirt and a tight fitting bodice. The bodice had an off the shoulder collar and ended in a peplum at the waist. Her fingertip veil was caught to a beaded Juliet cap and she had a long train. She wore pearl ear rings and necklace and carried a bouquet of white carnations and Easter lilies.
Miss Violet Nelson, sister of the groom, as maid of honor, wore a pink satin formal with full net skirt. She wore a small crown of ruffled net in her hair and for jewelry she wore a pearl necklace. Her shoulder corsage consisted of roses. Miss Leatrice Seefluth, as bridesmaid, also wore a formal of pink. In her hair she wore a crown of flowers to which a shoulder-length veil was attached. She had a corsage of pink carnations and wore a gold locket. Evelyn and Vivian Miller, cousins of the bride, were flower girls. Their gowns, styled alike, were of rayon mesh. Evelyn’s was of yellow while Vivian’s was of pink. They wore small veils and gold lockets. Each had a colonial bouquet. The groom was attended by Fred Horner, brother of the bride, as best man, and Kenneth Franke, groomsman.
After the ceremony, a reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents. White, blue and pink streamers decorated the home. A white wedding bell hung over the bride’s table. A wedding cake, baked by Mrs. Ted Miller, and topped with a miniature bride and groom, centered the table. Later in the evening, the couple left on a short trip.
The bride is a graduate nurse of LeGault’s hospital in Owen, Wis. The groom was discharged from the army in February after four years of service. One year was spent in the Pacific area. After their trip, the bride will resume her duties at the hospital. The groom is engaged in farming.
Guests from farther away were Mr. and Mrs. Louis Primus, Mrs. Sherman Nelson, Misses Margaret and Claire Nelson, all of Fairchild, Mrs. David Pepin of Duluth, Minn., and Anna Tweed and Agnes Teshner of Winona, Minn. Other guests at the reception were Mr. and Mrs. John Miller, Mr. and Mrs. Walter Miller, Mr. and Mrs. Ted Miller, Mr. and Mrs. Edward Knecht, Car, Rolland and Ardina Knecht, Mrs. Richard Witte, Mr. and Mrs. John Franke and family, Mr. and Mrs. Otto Leinking, Mr. and Mrs. Ernst Schultz, Mrs. Emma Seefluth and sons, Ralph and Royal, and Rev. and Mrs. M. C. Goetsch.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs