Klapatauskas, Estelle E. (1940)
Surnames: Dulinsky, Klapatauskas, Gregorich, Roz, Cinkas, Gevriatas, Beliojus, Lankusa
----Sources: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 12/12/1940
Klapatauskas, Estelle E. (17 NOV 1940)
On Nov. 17, 1940, at 4:00 o’clock p.m., Miss Estelle E. Klapatauskas of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and Ernest C. Dulinsky, son of Mrs. Anna Dulinsky, 6052 S. Vernon St., Chicago, Ill., were united in marriage in St. David’s Catholic Church, 32nd and Emerald Ave., Chicago, Ill. The Reverend Father Boyle officiated at the services.
The bride was given in marriage by her father. Her long tulle veil caught with a seed pearl and diamond studded tiara, fell in soft folds over her white, stardust satin gown colonial style, with a short train. She carried a bouquet of white roses and baby’s breath. Her only jewelry was a gold heart shaped locket, a gift from the groom.
Miss Martha Klapatauskas, the bride’s sister, was maid of honor. Misses Christine Gregorich, Doris Roz and Lillian Cinkas were bridesmaids. They all wore colonial style taffeta gowns in powder blue, rose, aqua and orchid respectively. For their head pieces they wore velvet heart shped bonnets in colors of their gowns. They carried large bouquets of pink tea roses and pompoms. The pompoms and ribbons streamers harmonized with their gowns. Each received a string of pearls as a gift from the bride.
Little Genevieve Gevriatas was the flower girl. She was dressed in yellow taffeta gown and wore a blue net bonnet. She carried a colonial bouquet of yellow tea roses.
Vytautaus Beliojus was the best man. Ushers were Irving, Leo, Charles Dulinsky, and Alfred Lankusa. The groom and his attendants wore black tuxedos and had white carnations for their boutonnieres. The groom present each with a billfold.
The church was decorated with but flowers and palms and the aisle was adorned with white arches. Mrs. Gevriatas presided at the organ and sang "Ave Maria" and "I Love You Truly" during the ceremony.
The reception was held at the Youth Society Club house, 514 E. 6th St., at 7:00 o’clock p.m. and dinner was served to 150 guests. A large 3-tiered wedding cake decorated the center of the table.
Out of town guests were: Mr. and Mrs. Michael Klapatauskas of Thorp, Mrs. Matt Gregorich and children, Johnny and Christine of Greenwood, Wisconsin.
The groom is employed at Donnelleys and the bride was an assistant dietician at St. Luke’s Hospital. Mr. and Mrs. E. Dulinsky will reside at 6052 S. Vernon St., Chicago, Ill.
The Gleaner joins their many local friends in extending congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy wedded life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs