Surnames: Rasmussen, Venzke, Grams, Mantik, Blum, Jensen, Sayles, Abitz
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 10/04/1945
Rasmussen, Mary (Marriage - 29 Sept. 1945)
At the Gospel tabernacle in Milan Saturday afternoon, in a ceremony performed by the Rev. G. William Grams, Miss Mary Rasmussen of Stanley, became the bride of Ernest Venzke, town of Johnson. The church was decorated with festoons of blue and pink streamers caught to a large white wedding bell and with baskets of cut flowers.
Mrs. Reubin Mantik played the wedding marches and accompaniment for the vocal numbers. Miss Lois Blum sang "I Love You Truly" and a duet was sung by Miss Blum and Mrs. Elmer Jensen, of Abbotsford, Wis.
With her entrained gown of white satin, the bride wore a trailing veil, caught to a coronet of orange blossoms, and carried a shower bouquet of red and white roses. Her pearl necklace was a gift of the bridegroom.
Miss Mabel Rasmussen, Stanley, aunt of the bride who served as her maid of honor, was gowned in pink net over taffeta, and the bridesmaid, Miss Frieda Venzke, sister of the bridegroom, wore a formal of light blue taffeta. Both had pastel flower corsages pinned to their shoulders.
The groom was attended by his brother, Alvin Venzke, as best man and his cousin, Enos Mantik.
After the ceremony, about sixty guests were entertained at a reception and dinner at the home of the bridegroom’s mother, Mrs. Herman Venzke, town of Johnson. Decorations at the house consisted of pastel streamers and cut flowers.
Out of town guests included the bride’s grandmother, Mrs. Theodore Rasmussen, Carl Rasmussen, Jr., and Mrs. Donald Sayles, Stanley; Miss Lois Blum, Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Jensen and family of Abbotsford, and Gustav and Walter Abitz, Medford.
The couple will reside in the town of Holton. The bridegroom is employed there at the Laabs Cheese company plant.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs