Surnames: Sterling, Buss, Brandt, Franz, Boelke, Mueller, Ridderbusch, Yost, Olson
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/21/1945
Sterling, Nila (Marriage - 16 June 1945)
Miss Nila Sterling, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Nedry O. Sterling of Abbotsford, became the bride of James William Buss, son of George Buss of Abbotsford, in a wedding ceremony which took place in the Christ Lutheran church at Abbotsford Saturday, June 16th, at 3:00 P.M., the Rev. John Brandt officiating at the double ring ceremony. Melvin Boelke, accompanied by Mrs. H. Franz, sang "Song of Ruth - Entreat Me Not to Leave Thee." Gladiolas decorated the altar for the all-white wedding.
The bride’s gown of white taffeta and net was styled with a snug fitting bodice flaring into a brief peplum, and full overskirt of net. The bouffant skirt extended into a seven foot train and her finger-tip veil of illusion was caught to a wreath of orange blossoms. She wore a pearl necklace and carried pink and white carnations.
Her sister, Evelyn Sterling, seaman first class, WAVES, who is now stationed in New York, and Miss Elsie Mueller, in white taffeta and net frocks similar to the bride’s, served as maid of honor and bridesmaid. Blusher veils caught to roses completed their costumes and for flowers they wore wrist corsages of pink and white carnations. Dale Ridderbusch was best man and Ivan Olson groomsman.
That evening a 6:30 o’clock dinner was served to members of the bridal party and of the immediate families at Old Heidelberg Inn at Medford where a decorated wedding cake and bouquets of gladiolas decorated the table. Later a dance was given at the Trianon.
Mrs. Buss was graduated from the Abbotsford, Wis. High School in 1944 and has been employed by Phillips and Co., Wausau. The groom is engaged in farming.
Guests included Seaman Sterling, New York; and Mrs. Bud Yost, of Houston, Texas.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs