BioM: Nickel, Ruth (1944)
Surnames: Nickel, Hein, Augustine, Goetsch, Markow, Hake, Schultz, Miller, Mandel, Harkow
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 25 May 1944
Nickel, Ruth (Marriage - 20 May 1944)
Ruth Nickel, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Rudolph Hein of Rib Lake, Wis., and Rudolph Augustine, son of Mr. and Mrs. Albert Augustine of Colby were united in marriage on Saturday, May 20, at 3:30 P.M. at the Green Grove church, Rev. M. C. Goetsch reading the marriage ceremony. The bride was attended by Erna Augustine as maid of honor and Mrs. Kenneth Markow and Marie Hake as bridesmaids. The groom was attended by Arthur Schultz, Kenneth Markow and Delmar Augustine. Mrs. Ted Miller and Lucille Augustine sang, "Oh, Perfect Love."
The bride was attired in a white slipper satin gown, long sleeves, long train, three-quarters length veil with beaded crown and wore pearls, a gift of the groom. Her bouquet consisted of white and pink carnations. The maid of honor wore an American beauty taffeta dress with apple blossoms in her hair. Mrs. Markow wore a dress of yellow net over yellow satin and wore yellow roses in her hair. Miss Hake wore a dress of pink satin with pink cosmo flowers in her hair. The mother of the bride wore a black dress with pink carnations. The groom’s mother was attired in a black dress with blue accessories and pink carnations.
At the wedding reception, covers were laid for 50 guests and decorations were pink, blue, yellow and white streamers with a bell as a center piece. Table waitresses were Dorice Mandel, Lucille Augustine and Myrtle Hein. A wedding dance was held at Atwood.
Out of town guests included Pfc. Elroy Augustine of Chicago, Ill., Mr. and Mrs. Rudy Hein and Myrtle of Rib Lake, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Hein and Don of Rib Lake and Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Markow of Medford.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs