Esther Mildred (1942)
Surnames: Bauer, Braun, Olson, Schulz, Smith, Capet, O’Brien, Rausch Lau, Lewis
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 11/12/1942
Bauer, Esther Mildred (Marriage - 7 Nov. 1942)
Esther Mildred Bauer, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Nicholaus Bauer of Riplinger, and Harry Phylis Braun, son of Mr. and Mrs. Oto Braun of Colby, were united in marriage on Saturday, Nov. 7th, 1942, at the Trinity Ev. Lutheran parsonage, Rev. J. Alfred Olson reading the marriage ceremony. Miss Alvina Marie Bauer was bridesmaid and the groom was attended by Julius Schulz of Milwaukee.
The bride was attired in a green crepe (silk) dress and her shoulder corsage consisted of mixed flowers.
A reception was given at the home of the bride’s parents. A wedding cake centered the table and pink, blue and white streamers decorated the room. A wedding dinner was served at 4:30 which was prepared by Mrs. Henry Smith of Greenwood, Mrs. Leon Capet of Portage and Mrs. Sylvester O’Brien of Riplinger. Covers were laid for 52.
In the evening a wedding dance was given at Wiedenhoeft’s pavilion at Colby which was largely attended by friends and relatives.
After a short wedding trip through Southern Wisconsin, the couple will be at home in Colby, Wis. The groom is employed as cheesemaker at the Welcome cheese factory.
Out of town people present at the wedding were Mr. Arthur Braun of California, Mr. and Mrs. Leon Capet of Portage, Mrs. Albert Rausch of Racine, Miss Minerva Schulz of Milwaukee, Mr. and Mrs. John Lau of Dorchester and Mrs. Ben Lewis and Miss Francis Lewis of Minneapolis.
Contact: Carol Ann Rasmussen
Thank you for posting this message. Esther Bauer was my grandmother. She had four children and outlived three husbands. Charles Smith had a stroke on their wedding day. He was 38 and Esther was 18 when they married.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs