Surnames: Hoernke, Denzine, Nottbohm, Theilig, Stendel
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/11/1942
Hoernke, Alma (Marriage - 6 June 1942)
Miss Alma Hoernke, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Hoernke, and Mr. Delbert Denzine, son of Mr. and Mrs. George Denzine, were united in marriage Saturday afternoon, June 6th, at 2:30 o’clock at St. John’s Lutheran church in the town of Wein, Rev. Nottbohm reading the marriage ceremony. Miss LaVerne Hoernke of Edgar, cousin of the bride, was maid of honor and the bridesmaids were Miss Elfrieda Theilig of Athens and Miss Tillie Stendel of Edgar. The groom was attended by his brother, Mr. Leonard Denzine, of Racine as best man. The groomsmen were Harold Hoernke, brother of the bride, of the town of Frankfort and Arnold Hoernke, cousin of the bride, of Milwaukee.
The bride was attired in a gown of white sugar mist chiffon and lace, full skirt with long train, bishop sleeves with tight lace cuffs formed a point over the wrist. Her long train veil which ended in scalloped lace matched the insets of her dress and was held in place by a rhinestone headdress. Her shower bouquet consisted of snapdragons, roses, carnations and sweet peas.
The maid of honor wore a dress exactly as the bride’s but in blue with circular veil and flower headdress. Her mixed bouquet was in blue. Miss Theilig wore a yellow sugar mist chiffon dress with lace insets. Her mixed bouquet was in yellow. Miss Stendel wore a pink sugar mist chiffon with lace insets and her mixed bouquet was in pink.
A reception was given at the home of the bride’s parents, the home being nicely decorated with white, blue, yellow and pink streamers and cut flowers. In the evening a dance was given at Prochnows.
The newlyweds left on a wedding trip to Northern Wisconsin and will be at home after June 15th at Milan, Wis., where the groom is employed by the Laabs Cheese Company.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs