Mr./Mrs. Phillip (Gold - 1939)
Surnames: Bruss, Priddis
----Sources: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 06/22/1939
Burss, Mr./Mrs. Phillip (Gold - 25 JUN 1939)
Reminiscing over fifty years of married life are Mr. and Mrs. Phillip Bruss, one time residents of Withee (Clark Co., Wis.).
The couple, ages 77 and 71 years respectively, was married June 25, 1889 at Seymour, Wisconsin. They immediately established residence at Forest Jct., where Mr. Bruss owned and operated a blacksmith shop for twenty-five years. After retiring from same he entered into the general merchandise business for a number of years at Withee, Wis. Later, he removed his family to Kenosha where for seventeen years he was employed at the Nash Motors Corp. as a tool smith. Due to illness he retired four eyars ago.
The couple has two sons, Oscar of Appleton, and Ervin, a dentist, of Kenosha; three daughters; Adella of La Crosse, Leah and Mrs. C.A. Priddis of Kenosha, and one grandchild, James Arthur Priddis.
The Bruss family animatedly celebrated the occasion with Mr. and Mrs. V.P. Barager and family at their summer cottage at Round Lake, June 25th, by assent of an invitation of long standing. A wedding dinner will be served.
Mr. Bruss wore the orange blossom boutonniere and Mrs. Bruss the bridal wreath of fifty years ago, which was rearranged into a corsage. Also, of particular interest in commemoration of this anniversary is the fact that a guest of the wedding of June 25th, 1889 surprised Mr. Bruss by returning a cigar received at the wedding fifty years ago.
Open house was held at the couple’s home at Kenosha June 18th from 2 to 4 o’clock. In the evening a 7 o’clock dinner was served to immediate relatives at the home of Dr. E.J.L. Bruss, 4221 Wilson Road.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs