Margaret E. #2 (1938)
Contact: History Buffs
Surnames: Knudson, Ruth, Richmond, Thompson
----Sources: Owen Enterprise (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 12/01/1938
Knudson, Margaret E. #2 (24 NOV 1938)
A simple wedding took place at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Leonard Knudson of Owen (Clark Co., Wis.), when their daughter, Margaret E., was united in marriage to Howard M. Ruth, son of Mrs. Catherine Ruth of Appleton. The double ring ceremony was performed by Rev. M.K. Aaberg of Greenwood, promptly at two o’clock, Nov. 24, 1938, Thanksgiving day. This day also marked the 34th wedding anniversary of the groom’s mother, who presented the couple with the rings worn on the occasion of her own marriage 34 years ago.
The couple’s only attendants were Miss Mabel A. Thompson of Eau Claire and Appleton, and Karel G. Richmond of Appleton.
The bridal chorus was played by Mrs. Richmond of Appleton and immediately following the ceremony Karel Richmond rendered two beautiful selections, "O Promise Me" and "Until".
The bride was simply attired in a street length dress of laurel green and wore a corsage of white gardenias. Her attendant, Miss Thompson, wore navy blue cleanese crepe with a corsage of white chrysanthemums.
Green and white streamers were used as decorations with bouquets of white and yellow chrysanthemums. A wedding dinner was served to about 25 immediate relatives and friends.
Out of town guests were Mrs. Catherine Ruth, Mary and Elmer Ruth, Mrs. John Ruth, Van Lanen, June Robertson, and Mr. and Mrs. Karel G. Richmond of Appleton, Miss Mildred Johnson of Chicago, and Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Elmer and Thomas and Lester Elmer of Greenwood.
Mrs. Ruth was a graduate of Greenwood High School and also attended schools at Eau Claire for several years. For the past three years she has been employed at Tuttle Press Co. of Appleton.
Mr. Ruth is employed at Kimberly Clark Corp. of Neenah.
They will make their home at 110 W. Harris St., Appleton.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs