Marie #2 (1938)
Contact: History Buffs
Surnames: Mertens, Weix, Lang, Beyerl, Meyer, Firnstahl, Becker, Butten, Sendt, Jones, Huzaga
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 09/01/1938
Mertens, Marie (Marriage - 1 Sept. 1938)
A very pretty wedding took place at St. Mary’s Catholic church this Thursday morning at 7:00 A.M., when Miss Marie Mertens, R.N., obstetrical supervisor at St. Joseph’s Hospital at Marshfield and daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Oscar Mertens of Thorp, became the bride of Dr. F. A. Weix, D.D.S., of Colby, son of Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence Weix. Miss Laura Beyerl, R.N., of St. Joseph’s Hospital of Marshfield, cousin of the groom, acted as bridesmaid and the groom was attended by Ervin Meyer.
The bride was attired in a becoming gown of green camel’s hair cloth with brown accessories and her bouquet consisted of teas roses, babies-breath and sweet peas. The bridesmaid was attired in a dress of rust wool corducle with brown accessories and her bouquet was similar to that of the bride’s. The mother of the groom and the mother of the bride both wore a corsage of mixed flowers.
Michael Mertens, brother of the bride, and Norman Firnstahl, cousin of the groom, both studying for the priesthood, served at holy mass.
A reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents at Thorp, Wis., the home being nicely decorated with streamers of brown, green and gold and garden flowers.
Out of town guests present were Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence Weix, Sr., Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence Weix, Jr., and children, Mr. and Mrs. Martin Weix and children, Mr. and Mrs. Albert Weix and family and Wilbur Becker of Colby, Margaret Butten, R.N., and Hurtha Sendt of Marshfield, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Jones of Athens, Mrs. Kate Jones, Miss Olga Mertens and Mr. and Mrs. John Huzuga and children of Thorp and Miss Helen Mertens of Stanley.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs