LaMoine A. (1938)
Contact: History Buffs
Surnames: Johnson, Poeske, Blaschka, Dake, Leffel
----Sources: Owen Enterprise (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 06/30/1938
Johnson, LaMoine A. (25 JUN 1938)
St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Curtiss (Clark Co., Wis.), was the scene of a lovely June wedding Saturday afternoon at 4 o’clock where the marriage vows were exchanged by Miss LaMoine Audrey Johnson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Albert Johnson, Curtiss, and Arnold H. Poeske, son of Mr. and Mrs. August Poeske, Wausau. The couple repeated their vows after the Rev. M.C. Goetsch.
The bride approached the altar wearing an entrained gown of white lace over satin, a lace trimmed veil and a coronet shaped headdress, which was fashioned from her mother’s wedding veil. Her arm bouquet combined roses and baby’s breath.
In the bidal party were Miss June Johnson and Gerald Blaschka, sister and cousin of th bride; Miss Laura Poeske and Orin Johnson, brother of the bride; and Miss Cynthia Dake and Melvin Leffel, cousins of the couple.
The bride’s attendants wore frocks of peach colored net, green net, and tea rose embroidered net, respectively. They carried mixed bouquets.
Oxford gray suits were worn by the bridegroom and his attendants.
After the ceremony 30 immediate relatives were entertained at a reception at the home of the bride’s parents. The residence was attractively decorated with cut flowers and streamers of green, peach and white. A large wedding bell was suspended over the bridal table, which was decorated with tall white tapers.
Out of town guests included Jerry Blaschka, Melvin Leffel, Mr. and Mrs. August Poeske and daughters, Laura, Mildred and Ruth, Mr. and Mrs. Fred Malzahn, Clarence Schubring, Franklin Plauz, Miss Jeanette Fritz and Jim Bibby, all of Wausau. Miss Fritz was soloist during the wedding ceremony.
Mr. and Mrs. Poeske left on a wedding trip to Chicago and Washington, D.C. After July 5 they will make their home in Baltimore, Md., where the bridegroom is employed with the Social Security board.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs